Cava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2015, 75cl
Carlos Sumarroca is one of Spain’s most important and awarded agriculturists and together with his wife Nuria the enterprising couple set about establishing Sumarroca as the largest estate grown Cava producers in Spain. They practice sustainable farming, harvest at night, and only use free-run juice. Combining their passion for the land and tenacity in cultivating vines, their Cavas have bags of personality and character. Viticulture- This Cava is made with grapes from the Sumarroca (402.8 ha), Molí Coloma (30.5 ha) and Sabartés (26 ha) estates. Selection of the best plots of the traditional Cava varieties: Macabeu, Xarel·lo, Parellada and the universal Chardonnay. The different types of soil on each estate suit each different variety. Firstly, Sabartés, considerably influenced by the sea, has clayey, loamy soil. Secondly, Sumarroca, whose highest part faces south, has perfect sun, and is considered the cradle of cava, is characterised by clayey, gravelly soil poor in organic material. Finally, the Molí Coloma estate near Sumarroca, in the basin of the River Anoia, has deep, gravelly soil. Winemaking- Separate wine-making processes for each variety. Static filtration for 24 hours. Fermentation in stainless steel vats at 14ºC for 18 days. Aged in stacks for around 24 months. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Sparkling
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2015
- Food Match : Grilled foods, stews, fried foods... and, in the case of this brut, desserts that are not too sweet, fruit salads, cakes, Catalan caramelised custard.
- Tasting Notes: All those who adore Champagne´s classic fresh brown bread-scented yeasty flavours will love this classy Cava; rich, full complex and toasty. Pale yellow colour. Fresh aroma and fruity and fresh on the palate with fine, pleasant bubbles that perfectly complement the wine's structure.
- Grape Types: Macabeo, Xarel-lo, Parellada, Chardonnay
You might also like
- £12.25 per bottleRioja Bordon Crianza Tinto, 2014, 75cl
- £8.85 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2017 75cl
- £21.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £14.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £11.49 per bottleVida Orgánica, Torrontés, Mendoza, Argentina, 2017
- £15.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2017
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Lowland Oak Aged Gin
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2015
- £13.99 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, Langhorne Creek, Thistledown, 2016, 75cl
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleThorny Devil Grenache, Barossa Valley, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl