Rioja Bordon Blanco, 2018, 75cl
Fresh and zesty with green apples and stone fruit.
The birth of Bodegas Franco-Españolas is due, indirectly, to one of the unhappiest incidents in the wine history of France. A phylloxera plague in the second half of the 19th century almost completely ruined the French vineyards. Because of this, the Bordeaux wine makers decided to leave the country. Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux came to Spain in search of the best soil and climate, where he could continue to grow and age wines.
Bodegas FrancoEspanolas winery was founded in 1890 as a merger between Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux and Spanish partners. After 125 years it is now one of the largest wineries in Rioja and has an exceptional location on the banks of the Ebro River. Bodegas Franco-Espanolas has been in the capable hands of the Eguizábal Family since 1983.
Today, Franco-Espanolas perfectly combines a respect for tradition with technological innovation to create award winning wines.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screw Cap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Case Size : 12
- Food Match : Perfect as an aperitif or great with summer soups or seafood.
- Tasting Notes:
Fresh fruity flavours of citrus, green apples and stone fruit, characteristic of the Viura variety. Dry, zesty and easy to drink, it has a nice crisp acidity.
- Grape Types: Viura
You might also like
- £2.00 per canGen!us Craft Lager
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache Rose South Australia, 2019
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2019
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2019
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2018, 75cl
- £15.90 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2018, 75cl
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £16.25 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2016, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £34.00 per bottleHoly Grass Vodka