Rioja Bordon Blanco, 2018, 75cl
Fresh and zesty with green apples and stone fruit.
The birth of Bodegas Franco-Españolas is due, indirectly, to one of the unhappiest incidents in the wine history of France. A phylloxera plague in the second half of the 19th century almost completely ruined the French vineyards. Because of this, the Bordeaux wine makers decided to leave the country. Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux came to Spain in search of the best soil and climate, where he could continue to grow and age wines.
Bodegas FrancoEspanolas winery was founded in 1890 as a merger between Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux and Spanish partners. After 125 years it is now one of the largest wineries in Rioja and has an exceptional location on the banks of the Ebro River. Bodegas Franco-Espanolas has been in the capable hands of the Eguizábal Family since 1983.
Today, Franco-Espanolas perfectly combines a respect for tradition with technological innovation to create award winning wines.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screw Cap
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Case Size : 12
- Food Match : Perfect as an aperitif or great with summer soups
- Tasting Notes:
Fresh fruity flavours of citrus, green apples and stone fruit, characteristic of the Viura variety. Dry, zesty and easy to drink, it has a nice crisp acidity.
- Grape Types: Viura
You might also like
- £17.50 per bottleChateau Guiraud Sauternes 2016
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £22.50 per bottleDomaine Francois Crochet, Sancerre Rose, Loire, France, 2019
- £50.00 per bottleGift Voucher £50
- £12.99 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2019
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £39.95 per bottleGeorges Gardet Rose Brut, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019, 75cl
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl
- £34.00 per bottleHoly Grass Vodka
- £10.49 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2020