Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2017
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £1.95 per bottleWooha Wheat
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2016, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleViognier, Santa Rosa Estate, 2018, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottleRosado Barrica, Finca Manzanos, Bodegas Manzanos, 2017, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2017, 75cl
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2018, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Porter
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2017, 75cl
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016
- £19.49 per bottleKatz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2015, 75cl