Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £17.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Marchese Manodori, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £8.49 per bottleChardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £19.49 per bottleKatz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2017, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2014, 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Lowland Oak Aged Gin
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2018, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Lager
- £15.90 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2018, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleZelen, Guerila, 2018, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner