Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £29.95 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £11.49 per bottleExtreme Vineyards Red, Bonfire Hill, 2018, 75cl
- £2.25 per bottleWooHa Northern Mischief Lager
- £16.49 per bottlePouilly Fumé, Les Loges, Domaine Pierre Marchand, 2019, 75cl
- £42.99 per bottleBlanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019, 75cl
- £50.00 per bottleGift Voucher £50
- £15.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2019, 75cl
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £52.00 per caseMixed Case - £52 for 6 Wines including fizz