Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2016
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes: The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Lager
- £15.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
- £7.99 per bottleChardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2018, 75cl
- £21.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £14.49 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Marchese Manodori, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £10.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2017, 37.5cl
- £33.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £18.99 per bottleSancerre Rosé, Domaine Daulny, 2017, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl
- £8.49 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2017
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner