Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2017
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2018, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2017, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2018, 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleExtreme Vineyards Red, Bonfire Hill, 2016, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleViognier, Santa Rosa Estate, 2018, 75cl
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £38.99 per bottleTradition, Domaine Sainte Marie, 2018, 150cl
- £15.99 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, Langhorne Creek, Thistledown, 2016, 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Lowland Oak Aged Gin
- £8.95 per bottleCastillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2017
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2018, 75cl