Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2018, 75cl
- £51.99 per bottleDominio de Cair, Cair, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain (150cl.), 2014
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £2.25 per bottleWooHa Northern Mischief Lager
- £9.95 per bottleTenuta Olim Bauda Pian Centive Moscato D'Asti Frizzante, DOCG, Piedmont, Italy 37.5cl, 2018
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2018, 75cl
- £15.90 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2018, 75cl
- £19.49 per bottleKatz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2019, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2019 75cl