Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2016
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes: The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2017, 75cl
- £12.50 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Zephyr Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2015, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £42.99 per bottleBlanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2017, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl
- £8.49 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2017
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £33.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2015, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Lager