Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £16.50 per bottleDomaine Sainte Marie, Tradition, Cotes De Provence, Rose, Provence, France, 2019
- £12.99 per bottleRosado Barrica, Finca Manzanos, Bodegas Manzanos, 2018
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2018, 75cl
- £59.75 per bottleBenromach 15 Year Old
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
- £11.95 per bottleCava ‘La Escapada’
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019, 75cl
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Vodka
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2016
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V