Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2017
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2018 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Lowland Oak Aged Gin
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Gewurztraminer, 2017, 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Islay Oak Aged Gin
- £15.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Porter
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Carmenere, 2019, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
- £18.50 per bottleBesos de Oro
- £31.99 per bottleClos Henri Pinot Noir, 2014, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016