Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - White £50 for 6 Wines
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Grigio 2019
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleSanta Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £11.50 per bottleRib Duero Roble Tinto, Gorgorito, 2018, 75cl
- £13.90 per bottleAlvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2018, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2019 75cl
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2018, 75cl
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2019
- £8.95 per bottleCastillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018