Iona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2017
At 420m above sea-level, set high above the picturesque Elgin Valley, Iona includes some of the coolest vineyards in the Cape. This creates an extremely long growing season, harvesting up to 2 months after Stellenbosch, which results in diverse, complex flavours and fresh, elegant wines. The philosophy at Iona is to make wines that reflect the soil and climate as closely as possible. They make use of sustainable farming methods and use natural products wherever possible in the winemaking.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Works really well with dishes in a in a cream sauce. Shellfish and Chicken.
- Tasting Notes:
The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2017, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2018 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2017
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2018
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2018, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Gewurztraminer, 2017, 75cl
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2017, 75cl
- £12.25 per bottleRioja Bordon Crianza Tinto, 2014, 75cl