Domaine des Baumard, Crémant de Loire, Brut Rosé Extra, Loire, France, N/V
One of the Loire’s most lauded producers, Florent Baumard has courted controversy by pursuing his own ideas and challenging the status quo. In a deeply traditional region, his early adoption of screwcaps and different vine trellising systems marked him out as the enfant terrible of Savennières. His mantra now encompasses a belief in the individuality of each vintage, believing it should be made with minimal intervention to allow the wine to reflect its vintage and unique character. His Savennières from the famous vineyards of Clos St Yves and Clos du Papillon are rich, yet with a balance and elegance that are unrivalled. His top cuvée of ‘Trie Speciale’ is only made in very exceptional vintages when grape quality is optimal. It is a wine full of paradox, honeyed and yet dry, rounded and yet firm. The rich fruit, tremendous weight and concentration ensure that it is a thoroughly memorable experience.
Style and Values
- Closure: Diam
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: N/V
- Food Match : Great for tough pairing deserts such as red fruits, fruit sauces, chocolate or liqueur based desert.
- Tasting Notes:
A beautiful pink colour this is lively with floral aromas. Packed full of ripe red fruits such as strawberry and redcurrants. Hints of spiced cashews and dried fruit. The lees aging is noticeable and gives it a woody toasty character which overlays the red fruit notes.
- Grape Types: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Grolleau
You might also like
- £13.90 per bottleAlvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2017, 75cl
- £7.99 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2017, 75cl
- £59.95 per bottlePrestige Charles Vintage 1er Cru, 2004, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleViognier, Santa Rosa Estate, 2018, 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2015, 75cl
- £16.49 per bottlePouilly Fumé, Les Loges, Domaine Pierre Marchand, 2017, 75cl
- £13.99 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, Langhorne Creek, Thistledown, 2016, 75cl
- £22.25 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2017, 75cl
- £12.49 per bottleRosado Barrica, Finca Manzanos, Bodegas Manzanos, 2017, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2016
- £8.49 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2018, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, 2015, 75cl