Pierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2017
Inspired by the fanciful tales of Pierre Renard and his father, Pierre et Papa is a compact range of high quality whites, reds and rosés made from grapes sourced throughout Southern France. With packaging influenced by old advertising ephemera, Pierre et Papa's nostalgic feel is very much in tune with the desire to seek out honest value.
From approximately 20 year old vines from vines planted at around 4,000 vines per ha on selected plots on clay and limestone soils in the area of Comté Tolosan around Toulouse in Gascony. This area benefits hugely from the influence of the Atlantic, giving freshness and acidity and making it perfect for white wine production.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 11.5%%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Just simply delicious on its own as an apéritif, or with soup . Cold summer soups work well;
- Tasting Notes: A fresh and aromatic wine. Crisp and lively with an abundance of peach, honey, apple and tangy citrus fruit on the palate. A refreshing and highly quaffable wine.
- Grape Types: Colombard, Ugni Blanc
You might also like
- £29.95 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £38.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £8.99 per bottleTempranillo, Petit Verdot, Torre Solar, Vinos Más Buscados, 2016, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2015, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £15.99 per bottleThe Drift Farm, Year of the Rooster, Single Vineyard Touriga Franca Rosé, Overberg Highlands, South Africa, 2016
- £10.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2017, 37.5cl
- £14.49 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £35.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl