Pierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2017
Inspired by the fanciful tales of Pierre Renard and his father, Pierre et Papa is a compact range of high quality whites, reds and rosés made from grapes sourced throughout Southern France. With packaging influenced by old advertising ephemera, Pierre et Papa's nostalgic feel is very much in tune with the desire to seek out honest value.
From approximately 20 year old vines from vines planted at around 4,000 vines per ha on selected plots on clay and limestone soils in the area of Comté Tolosan around Toulouse in Gascony. This area benefits hugely from the influence of the Atlantic, giving freshness and acidity and making it perfect for white wine production.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 11.5%%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Just simply delicious on its own as an apéritif, or with soup . Cold summer soups work well;
- Tasting Notes: A fresh and aromatic wine. Crisp and lively with an abundance of peach, honey, apple and tangy citrus fruit on the palate. A refreshing and highly quaffable wine.
- Grape Types: Colombard, Ugni Blanc
You might also like
- £34.99 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2015, 150cl
- £7.99 per bottleChardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2018, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleTempranillo, Petit Verdot, Torre Solar, Vinos Más Buscados, 2016, 75cl
- £32.99 per bottleGrüner Veltliner Smaragd, Achleiten, Single Vineyard, Domäne Wachau, 2016, 75cl
- £19.49 per bottleKatz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2015, 75cl
- £42.99 per bottleBlanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 75cl
- £10.85 per bottleMarques De Lara Vinho Verde, 2017, 75cl
- £8.49 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2018, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleIl Meridione Nero D`Avola 2016
- £15.99 per bottleThorny Devil Grenache, Barossa Valley, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £10.65 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2016