Zuccardi Q Malbec, Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina (150cl.), 2016
Sebastian Zuccardi, grandson of the founder, is now in charge at this trailblazing family winery. Rapidly establishing himself as one of the great winemaking talents of Argentina, he is determined to alter the world's perception of Malbec and evolve our understanding of what Mendoza has to offer.
At Zuccardi it is clearly understood that quality starts in the vineyards. Through extensive research and the use of technology such as electromagnetic mapping of soil, they are reaching ever greater understandings of the "terroir" and how to match soils with the most appropriate grape variety. Every aspect of viticulture at Zuccardi, from irrigation techniques, trellising and training, pruning and harvesting is constantly reviewed and improved upon whilst always remains true to their principles of sustainability.
The hand picked grapes arrive at the winery in plastic boxes during the first and second week of April. The vinification is traditional with indigenous selected yeast. There is a period of skin maceration for 25 days with daily pushing down and rack and return. The wine then goes through malolactic fermentation before being matured in French medium toasted oak barrels for 12 months. The wine is lightly filtered before bottling and spends six months more in bottle before release.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 14%
- Country: Argentina
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Made to be drunk with big hearty dishes, the classic match for Malbec.
- Tasting Notes:
The Q Malbec offers lovely blackberry, blueberry and floral aromas. On the palate an excess of rich, ripe blackberry with notes of chocolate and plum. It is concentrated with a soft texture with muscular but ripe tannins. The sweet oak is beautifully integrated to show off the terroir and the skill of the winemaker .
- Grape Types: Malbec
You might also like
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2017, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2018 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2017, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleTime Waits for No One Monastrell, 2016 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Lowland Oak Aged Gin
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £11.50 per bottleRib Duero Roble Tinto, Gorgorito, 2017, 75cl
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £15.49 per bottleMalbec, Felino, Viña Cobos, 2018, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleThorny Devil Grenache, Barossa Valley, Thistledown, 2016, 75cl