Johannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
The driven winemaker Johannes Trapl grows traditional Austrian varieties organically in the region of Carnuntum. His organic journey began over 10 years ago with the initial goal being to have all of his vineyards certified, his attention has now turned to biodynamic practices. Devoted to plant diversity and vineyard care, his grapes are carefully watched as they reach a steady, healthy ripeness. This natural, low tech approach is continued in the winery where grapes for his premium wines are foot-trodden and then naturally fermented before being aged in amphoras to help bring to life the efforts and attention shown in the vineyard.
This white blend of Weissburgunder (Pinot Blanc), Grüner Veltliner and Welschriesling is lively and refreshing. The vines are up to 25 years old and grow on calcareous sandy chernozem soils around Stixneusiedl.
The grapes are handpicked and whole-bunch pressed. After 48 hours maceration, the must is fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks and oak casks. The wine is then matured for 6 months in stainless steel tanks.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Austria
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Italian food
- Tasting Notes:
This blend shows bright yellow-green colour and typical notes of citrus, wild blossom honey and hazelnut. Its texture is balanced, lush and inciting.
- Grape Types: Welschriesling, Grüner Veltliner, Weissburgunder
You might also like
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £13.49 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2017, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2018
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016
- £9.30 per bottleIl Meridione Nero D`Avola 2018
- £34.99 per bottleIl Borghetto, Montedesassi, IGP, Tuscany, Italy 2015
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2018, 75cl
- £50.00 per bottleGift Voucher £50
- £11.99 per bottleVida Orgánica, Torrontés, Mendoza, Argentina, 2019
- £11.50 per bottleRib Duero Roble Tinto, Gorgorito, 2018, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2016