Santa Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
The Santa Rosa wines are shining examples of what Argentina is famous for: well crafted wines that are pure expressions of the varietals. These wines can compete on the world stage and show their place of origin with pride.
Santa Rosa is committed to providing quality and enviromental improvements to its community, seeking the permanent welfare of their workers. The winery has built schools and adult learning centres in Santa Rosa. The Santa Rosa range of wines aims to express the Argentinian climate. Fresh fruity wines with minimal oak influence. Winemaker Ruben Ruffo states that "The essence of a great wine is the attention to details."
The grapes are hand picked grapes during the last two weeks of March. On arrival at the winery they are de-stalked and crushed. The juice is then cooled and there is a period of cold skin maceration. Clarification and fermentation of the clean juice takes approximately 15 days at 15-18°C with selected yeasts. There is no malolactic fermentation and it is kept in stainless steel tanks before the final blending, filtering and bottling.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Argentina
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Makes a lovely aperitif or refreshing accompaniment to pasta dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
A really aromatic, fresh white wine, with striking floral, grapey aromas and a refreshingly crisp palate. It’s not as flirty as some Torrontés can be, and better for it, with the prettiness of this grape variety combining well with the food-friendliness and crispness of the Pinot Grigio. You will be pleasantly surprised by this blend.
- Grape Types: Pinot Grigio, Torrontes
You might also like
- £31.99 per bottleClos Henri Pinot Noir, 2014, 75cl
- £11.99 per bottleVida Orgánica, Torrontés, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2018, 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2016, 150cl
- £15.99 per bottleGavi, DOCG, Tenuta Olim Bauda, 2018, 75cl
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2017, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottleThe Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2018, 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2018
- £15.99 per bottleSource de Rouge, Château Ka, 2015, 75cl
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2015, 75cl
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016