Cartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
Possibly the original 'garagiste' in California Tony Cartlidge started his winery in an undistignuished Napa Valley garage. With no money to buy vineyards, and seeing no reason to, he set out to source the best possible grapes to handcraft his wines in his garage. 30 years later and Cartlidge & Browne is renown for high quality wines and decent prices, sticking to their garagiste roots of taking a different path.
Grapes are sourced from across the region - giving the flexibility to flexibility produce wine from the finest vineyards in California - Sonoma Coast, Mendocino and into the Sierra Foothills.
Harvested from the warmest parts of Lake County and the Alexander Valley for optimal richness, the Cabernet Sauvignon was then aged in French oak for 8 to 10 months.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: USA
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Pairs perfectly with a range of foods
- Tasting Notes:
This Cabernet starts out with rich, delicious red fruits on the nose that flows into cherry, watermelon, candied plum and crème brûlée. The soft, yet fine, tannins have notes of coffee, rose petals and wet slate.
- Grape Types: Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Malbec
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, N/V, 75cl
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2018
- £11.49 per bottleExtreme Vineyards Red, Bonfire Hill, 2018, 75cl
- £2.00 per canGen!us Craft Lager
- £8.49 per bottleEspinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2019, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Grigio 2019
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £28.99 per bottleMajella, Sparkling Shiraz, Coonawarra 2017
- £10.49 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2019