Cartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2019
Possibly the original 'garagiste' in California Tony Cartlidge started his winery in an undistignuished Napa Valley garage. With no money to buy vineyards, and seeing no reason to, he set out to source the best possible grapes to handcraft his wines in his garage. 30 years later and Cartlidge & Browne is renown for high quality wines and decent prices, sticking to their garagiste roots of taking a different path.
Grapes are sourced from across the region - giving the flexibility to flexibility produce wine from the finest vineyards in California - Sonoma Coast, Mendocino and into the Sierra Foothills.
Harvested from the warmest parts of Lake County and the Alexander Valley for optimal richness, the Cabernet Sauvignon was then aged in French oak for 8 to 10 months.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: USA
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Pairs perfectly with a range of foods for summer and winter alike
- Tasting Notes:
This Cabernet starts out with rich, delicious red fruits on the nose that flows into cherry, watermelon, candied plum and crème brûlée. The soft, yet fine, tannins have notes of coffee, rose petals and wet slate.
- Grape Types: Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot
You might also like
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2020
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache Rose South Australia, 2021
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2021 75cl
- £50.00 per bottleGift Voucher £50
- £39.99 per bottleGlen Scotia Double Cask
- £10.75 per bottleVermador Blanco
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2019, 75cl
- £14.50 per bottleMezzacorona Mezza Di Mezza
- £13.65 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Zephyr Wines, 2020, 75cl
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2014, 50cl
- £8.99 per bottleSolara, Rose, Viile Timisului Romania, 2020
- £15.99 per bottleThistledown, Silken Beastie Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia, 2020