Cartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
Possibly the original 'garagiste' in California Tony Cartlidge started his winery in an undistignuished Napa Valley garage. With no money to buy vineyards, and seeing no reason to, he set out to source the best possible grapes to handcraft his wines in his garage. 30 years later and Cartlidge & Browne is renown for high quality wines and decent prices, sticking to their garagiste roots of taking a different path.
Grapes are sourced from across the region - giving the flexibility to flexibility produce wine from the finest vineyards in California - Sonoma Coast, Mendocino and into the Sierra Foothills.
Harvested from the warmest parts of Lake County and the Alexander Valley for optimal richness, the Cabernet Sauvignon was then aged in French oak for 8 to 10 months.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: USA
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Pairs perfectly with a range of foods
- Tasting Notes:
This Cabernet starts out with rich, delicious red fruits on the nose that flows into cherry, watermelon, candied plum and crème brûlée. The soft, yet fine, tannins have notes of coffee, rose petals and wet slate.
- Grape Types: Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Malbec
You might also like
- £37.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £20.00 per bottleGift Voucher £20
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Vodka
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2019
- £10.99 per bottleGatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2018
- £12.99 per bottleRosado Barrica, Finca Manzanos, Bodegas Manzanos, 2018
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2019
- £17.50 per bottleJordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2018 37.5 cl
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2018
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl