D`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2018
Domaine Astruc has a history stretching back to 1862 when coachman Jean Astruc purchased 12 hectares of vines in the relatively cool Limoux area. It has recently been purchased by Michel and Jean-Claude Mas.
This wine comes from the village of Limoux, 23km south of Carcassonne, in the Languedoc region of South East France. The Languedoc region is warm with long hot summer days, which allow the grapes used in this wine to develop into full bodied rich flavoursome grapes. The terrain is made up of clay and limestone which allow good drainage of the vines aiding in the production of these high quality grapes. It has built its reputation thanks to its unique soils and climate.
A fresh and lively wine, full of aromatic pears and citrus.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: France, Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Goes well with creamy based dishes, and works with delicate meaty fish dishes such as Halibut due to its slight sweet flavour
- Tasting Notes:
Rounded white with refreshing acidity. Aromas of stone fruit and acacia honey. 25% of the wine is matured in oak barrels.
- Grape Types: Marsanne
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, N/V, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2018
- £37.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2017
- £10.85 per bottleMarques De Lara Vinho Verde, 2018, 75cl
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleSanta Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £18.99 per bottleSancerre Rosé, Domaine Daulny, 2017, 75cl
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2018, 75cl