D`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2018
Domaine Astruc has a history stretching back to 1862 when coachman Jean Astruc purchased 12 hectares of vines in the relatively cool Limoux area. It has recently been purchased by Michel and Jean-Claude Mas.
This wine comes from the village of Limoux, 23km south of Carcassonne, in the Languedoc region of South East France. The Languedoc region is warm with long hot summer days, which allow the grapes used in this wine to develop into full bodied rich flavoursome grapes. The terrain is made up of clay and limestone which allow good drainage of the vines aiding in the production of these high quality grapes. It has built its reputation thanks to its unique soils and climate.
A fresh and lively wine, full of aromatic pears and citrus.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: France, Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Goes well with creamy based dishes, and works with delicate meaty fish dishes such as Halibut due to its slight sweet flavour
- Tasting Notes:
Rounded white with refreshing acidity. Aromas of stone fruit and acacia honey. 25% of the wine is matured in oak barrels.
- Grape Types: Marsanne
You might also like
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £13.90 per bottleAlvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2018, 75cl
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - Red £50 for 6 Wines
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Gewurztraminer, 2019, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleZelen, Guerila, 2018, 75cl
- £59.75 per bottleBenromach 15 Year Old
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016
- £10.15 per bottleViognier, Santa Rosa Estate, 2019, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache Rose South Australia, 2019