Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel Rose 2018
Rose petals and red berries.
Named after its dramatic views of the Simonsberg Mountain, the estate is situated in Stellenbosch, one of South Africas premier wine regions, 45 km east of Cape Town. At the helm are the Malan family, descendants of the French Huguenot Jacques Malan who first arrived in the Cape in 1688, although it was the late Frans Malan who pioneered much of what the company stands for today.
The Malan family are one of South Africas most reputable wine producers. The three Malan brothers have passionate commitment towards quality and innovation. Simonsig wines are sold in more than 40 countries world-wide, including the United Kingdom, USA, Russia and Kenya.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 12%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Perfect aperitif
- Tasting Notes:
The aromas of rose petals and red berries dominate the nose and reveal its red grape origins. The mousse is fine and enthusiastic and brings out the floral and yeasty aromas in the mouth. A mouthfilling roundness on the palate shows ample fresh fruit intensity and body which is perfectly balanced by a subtle acid structure that leads to a crisp and refreshing dry finish. A wine to celebrate your most romantic moments.
- Grape Types: Pinotage, Pinot Noir
You might also like
- £8.49 per bottleEspinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2018, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2018
- £13.25 per bottleSimonsig Pinotage 2016
- £11.95 per bottleCava ‘La Escapada’
- £19.50 per bottleBesos de Oro
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £7.99 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2018, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2019
- £16.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
- £11.25 per bottleAlianca Bairrada Reserva 2017