Ravoire et Fils, Cuvée des Lices, Côteaux Varois en Provence Rosé, Provence, France, 2018
Deep-rooted in tradition this family-run company was founded in 1987. Two decades of energy have been devoted to making fine quality wines. Located at the foot of the Luberon, Roger Ravoire, heir to a dynasty of winemakers, puts care and patience into producing wines that reflect the authenticity of the soil and the originality of the vintage. Implanted at the crossroad between the Rhône and Provence regions, this family business has a different approach to maturing and bottling of regional wines. It can also rely on a dynamic and enthusiastic team of professionals. The business was further consolidated with the arrival of Olivier Ravoire, son of the founder. It progressively developed its expertise and established an international standing.
The grapes are grown on a late-harvested terroir in the Côtes de Provence, situated at the foot of the Mont Sainte Victoire. The terroir is made up of red clay soils in the region made famous by Cézanne.
This rosé was made using the direct pressing method where the red grapes are gently pressed after crushing, which allows for a light diffusion of the colour-imparting matter in the juice. The pale-coloured juice is then vinified in the same manner as dry white wines. The fermentation is temperature controlled to preserve the aromas and delicate flavours.
Style and Values
- Closure: Composite Cork
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : This wine is best paired with Provençal cuisine and seasonal vegetables.
- Tasting Notes:
A fresh and balanced rosé that captures the spirit of the Cote d'Azur with its strawberry and white peach flavours. Crisp, bright and lively, it is real pleasure and the red berry fruits burst out of the glass, lifted by delicious acidity.
- Grape Types: Syrah, Grenache, Cinsault
You might also like
- £15.49 per bottleMalbec, Felino, Viña Cobos, 2017, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleMalbec, Bío Bío, Nostros Reserva, Indómita, 2018, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2016
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2017
- £25.00 per bottleGinerosity
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £10.15 per bottleViognier, Santa Rosa Estate, 2018, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength