Famille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2019
It was in 1966 that the Morin family took ownership of the estate. Today Caroline Morin is the young winemaker in charge trying to express the fabulous terroir through her wines of great finesse and minerality. Cuvée Caroline has been specially blended to be a gastronomic wine, with the body and balance that is perfect to accompany seafood and fish dishes.
In the appellation, the method of pruning is Double Cordon de Royat and yield is limited to 60 hls/ha. Piquepoul is the latest developing grape of the vineyard. It is harvested at the end of September and sometimes as late as the beginning of October.
Night harvested in order to preserve aromas and freshness. Immediate pressing and cold settling at a very low temperature. Once fermentation is achieved, the wine is aged on fine lees with regular stirring of the lees in order to bring richness and roundness.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Dishes with a creamy sauce
- Tasting Notes:
Bright and pale yellow wine with very fresh aromas of white flowers, acacia and hawthorn; fresh and saline palate but with a slight roundness for a Picpoul. This is “gourmet” Picpoul.
- Grape Types: Picpoul De Pinet
You might also like
- £37.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £31.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle Bourgeois, 2013, 75cl
- £20.00 per bottleGift Voucher £20
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2018, 75cl
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £13.00 per bottleLagar de Bouza Albariño, Bouza do Rei, 2018, 75cl
- £52.00 per caseMixed Case - £52 for 6 Wines including fizz
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2018, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl