Famille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2020
It was in 1966 that the Morin family took ownership of the estate. Today Caroline Morin is the young winemaker in charge trying to express the fabulous terroir through her wines of great finesse and minerality. Cuvée Caroline has been specially blended to be a gastronomic wine, with the body and balance that is perfect to accompany seafood and fish dishes.
In the appellation, the method of pruning is Double Cordon de Royat and yield is limited to 60 hls/ha. Piquepoul is the latest developing grape of the vineyard. It is harvested at the end of September and sometimes as late as the beginning of October.
Night harvested in order to preserve aromas and freshness. Immediate pressing and cold settling at a very low temperature. Once fermentation is achieved, the wine is aged on fine lees with regular stirring of the lees in order to bring richness and roundness.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2020
- Food Match : Dishes with a creamy sauce
- Tasting Notes:
Bright and pale yellow wine with very fresh aromas of white flowers, acacia and hawthorn; fresh and saline palate but with a slight roundness for a Picpoul. This is “gourmet” Picpoul.
- Grape Types: Picpoul De Pinet
You might also like
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - White £50 for 6 Wines
- £21.45 per bottlePickering's Sloe Gin
- £8.95 per bottleIl Meridione Catarratto, 2019, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleZelen, Guerila, 2018, 75cl
- £14.50 per bottleBodegas Parxet Cuvee 21 Cava Brut 2018
- £13.65 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Zephyr Wines, 2020, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
- £11.75 per bottleUmani Ronchi Villa Bianchi 2019
- £11.99 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois 2020
- £30.95 per bottleAncnoc 12 year old
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Noir 2020