Castillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018
Castillo de Monseran work with Bodegas san Valero in Cariñena. Bodegas San Valero was created in 1945 by 60 grape growers as a winemaking cooperative. Today it has grown to include around 700 growers who cultivate a total of 4000 hectares of vineyard.
Castillo de Monséran is made by winemaker Hugh Ryman and Jesús Prieto, the winemaker of Bodegas San Valero. Hugh is a graduate of the prestigious school of winemaking at Bordeaux University and worked at Petaluma, while Jesús graduated from Zaragoza. Together Hugh and Jesús work with a team of viticulturalists to select appropriate vineyard parcels and to choose the right moment for picking.
Easy drinking, with ripe red fruit and hint of spice.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Serve with spicy foods and tapas
- Tasting Notes:
An easy drinking, fruit-driven wine. .Herbal aromas on the nose. Bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit typical of the Garnacha grape. Soft and round on the palate with gentle, well-integrated tannins making it suitable to be enjoyed while young. Lingering red fruit flavours on the finish.
- Grape Types: Garnacha
You might also like
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2018 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleExtreme Vineyards Red, Bonfire Hill, 2016, 75cl
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleSanta Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2017
- £12.99 per bottleThe Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2018, 75cl
- £13.00 per bottleLagar de Bouza Albariño, Bouza do Rei, 2018, 75cl
- £31.99 per bottleClos Henri Pinot Noir, 2014, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2016
- £16.49 per bottlePouilly Fumé, Les Loges, Domaine Pierre Marchand, 2018, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2018