Castillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2017
Castillo de Monseran work with Bodegas san Valero in Cariñena. Bodegas San Valero was created in 1945 by 60 grape growers as a winemaking cooperative. Today it has grown to include around 700 growers who cultivate a total of 4000 hectares of vineyard.
Castillo de Monséran is made by winemaker Hugh Ryman and Jesús Prieto, the winemaker of Bodegas San Valero. Hugh is a graduate of the prestigious school of winemaking at Bordeaux University and worked at Petaluma, while Jesús graduated from Zaragoza. Together Hugh and Jesús work with a team of viticulturalists to select appropriate vineyard parcels and to choose the right moment for picking.
Easy drinking, with ripe red fruit and hint of spice.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Serve with spicy foods and tapas
- Tasting Notes:
An easy drinking, fruit-driven wine. .Herbal aromas on the nose. Bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit typical of the Garnacha grape. Soft and round on the palate with gentle, well-integrated tannins making it suitable to be enjoyed while young. Lingering red fruit flavours on the finish.
- Grape Types: Garnacha
You might also like
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2017, 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Lowland Oak Aged Gin
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2017
- £8.99 per bottleTempranillo, Petit Verdot, Torre Solar, Vinos Más Buscados, 2016, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2016, 75cl
- £10.49 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2018
- £11.99 per bottleVida Orgánica, Torrontés, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £8.95 per bottleIl Meridione Catarratto, 2017, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2016
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Islay Oak Aged Gin