Castillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018
Castillo de Monseran work with Bodegas san Valero in Cariñena. Bodegas San Valero was created in 1945 by 60 grape growers as a winemaking cooperative. Today it has grown to include around 700 growers who cultivate a total of 4000 hectares of vineyard.
Castillo de Monséran is made by winemaker Hugh Ryman and Jesús Prieto, the winemaker of Bodegas San Valero. Hugh is a graduate of the prestigious school of winemaking at Bordeaux University and worked at Petaluma, while Jesús graduated from Zaragoza. Together Hugh and Jesús work with a team of viticulturalists to select appropriate vineyard parcels and to choose the right moment for picking.
Easy drinking, with ripe red fruit and hint of spice.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Serve with spicy foods and tapas
- Tasting Notes:
An easy drinking, fruit-driven wine. .Herbal aromas on the nose. Bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit typical of the Garnacha grape. Soft and round on the palate with gentle, well-integrated tannins making it suitable to be enjoyed while young. Lingering red fruit flavours on the finish.
- Grape Types: Garnacha
You might also like
- £51.99 per bottleDominio de Cair, Cair, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain (150cl.), 2014
- £16.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
- £29.95 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Noir 2019
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £11.95 per bottleCava ‘La Escapada’
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2019 75cl
- £10.85 per bottleMarques De Lara Vinho Verde, 2018, 75cl
- £8.49 per bottleChardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £28.99 per bottleMajella, Sparkling Shiraz, Coonawarra 2017
- £31.99 per bottleClos Henri Pinot Noir, 2015, 75cl