Castillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018
Castillo de Monseran work with Bodegas san Valero in Cariñena. Bodegas San Valero was created in 1945 by 60 grape growers as a winemaking cooperative. Today it has grown to include around 700 growers who cultivate a total of 4000 hectares of vineyard.
Castillo de Monséran is made by winemaker Hugh Ryman and Jesús Prieto, the winemaker of Bodegas San Valero. Hugh is a graduate of the prestigious school of winemaking at Bordeaux University and worked at Petaluma, while Jesús graduated from Zaragoza. Together Hugh and Jesús work with a team of viticulturalists to select appropriate vineyard parcels and to choose the right moment for picking.
Easy drinking, with ripe red fruit and hint of spice.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Serve with spicy foods and tapas
- Tasting Notes:
An easy drinking, fruit-driven wine. .Herbal aromas on the nose. Bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit typical of the Garnacha grape. Soft and round on the palate with gentle, well-integrated tannins making it suitable to be enjoyed while young. Lingering red fruit flavours on the finish.
- Grape Types: Garnacha
You might also like
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2019 75cl
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2019, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £2.00 per canGen!us Craft Lager
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl
- £51.99 per bottleDominio de Cair, Cair, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain (150cl.), 2014
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2018, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFunkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2019