Castillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018
Castillo de Monseran work with Bodegas san Valero in Cariñena. Bodegas San Valero was created in 1945 by 60 grape growers as a winemaking cooperative. Today it has grown to include around 700 growers who cultivate a total of 4000 hectares of vineyard.
Castillo de Monséran is made by winemaker Hugh Ryman and Jesús Prieto, the winemaker of Bodegas San Valero. Hugh is a graduate of the prestigious school of winemaking at Bordeaux University and worked at Petaluma, while Jesús graduated from Zaragoza. Together Hugh and Jesús work with a team of viticulturalists to select appropriate vineyard parcels and to choose the right moment for picking.
Easy drinking, with ripe red fruit and hint of spice.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Serve with spicy foods and tapas
- Tasting Notes:
An easy drinking, fruit-driven wine. Herbal aromas on the nose. Bursting with ripe berry and plum fruit typical of the Garnacha grape. Soft and round on the palate with gentle, well-integrated tannins making it suitable to be enjoyed while young. Lingering red fruit flavours on the finish.
- Grape Types: Garnacha
You might also like
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2014, 50cl
- £11.75 per bottleUmani Ronchi Villa Bianchi 2019
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
- £14.50 per bottleMezzacorona Mezza Di Mezza
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - Red £50 for 6 Wines
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2020, 75cl
- £11.50 per bottleDr. Fischer Steinbock Alcohol Free Sparkling
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2020
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £11.55 per bottleArrogant Frog Ribet Chardonnay/Viognier 2020
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2021, 75cl
- £2.50 per canLeith Juice