Bodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2018
On the border between Rioja and Navarra, Victor Manzanos carries on the work of the four generations before him. Adding in significant amounts of ambition and energy, he is at the forefront of the new Rioja - championing a modern interpretation of its varieties through his wines. As a grower, Victor is keen to prove that Rioja Baja has its own distinct character and should not be judged as inferior to Rioja Alta or Alavesa - just different. With over 250ha of owned vineyards at his disposal, including what he claims to be the oldest Graciano vines in the world, Victor and the team at Manzanos are fortunately placed to put both the sub-region and the name Manzanos firmly on the map of the most important producers in Rioja.
300 ha of vineyards are planted on clay-limestone soil at an average height of 400m above sea level. Meticulous attention to detail in the vineyards, coupled with the extreme climate, offer the perfect conditions for the production of great wines. Grapes are all hand-picked in early October.
Fermentation in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature and matured on the lees in oak barrel.
Style and Values
- Closure: Technical Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Simple grilled vegetables and tapas
- Tasting Notes:
Plentiful aroma with sweet notes, chamomile and secondary aromas of peach, citrus and tropical fruits. All assembled in perfect harmony with the creamy notes and spices from the oak barrels.
- Grape Types: Tempranillo
You might also like
- £9.99 per bottleUvam, Pinot Grigio, IGT , Biscardo, Mabis, 2018, 75cl
- £15.90 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2015, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleIl Meridione Nero D`Avola 2016
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2018
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleMalbec, Bío Bío, Nostros Reserva, Indómita, 2018, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2018, 75cl
- £18.50 per bottleBesos de Oro
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2017, 75cl
- £18.99 per bottleSancerre Rosé, Domaine Daulny, 2017, 75cl
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2017
- £59.75 per bottleBenromach 15 Year Old