Gatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2018
Meaning “of height” or "of great respect", deAlto hints at the aspirations of the project and of the quality of what is in the bottle. deAlto craft wines in the best traditions of this classic region but fuse cutting-edge viticultural and winemaking techniques to create a modern interpretation of what they believe to be individual, pure expressions of the Rioja Baja vineyards that they call home.
It is beyond doubt that Rioja is one of the foremost wine regions in the world, but that doesn’t mean there is no potential to be tapped or no new approaches to be explored. The team behind de Alto definitely believe this and have been focusing more and more on what goes on in the vineyard than the bodega. Working with selected vineyards that have been converted and transformed into organic certified oases, the resulting wines are all about the fruit rather than winery and the ageing process.
This blend of Viura and Tempranillo blanco undergoes a cold pressing and pre-maceration for several days before a temperature controlled fermentation in stainless steel.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Spain
- Food Match : Ideal with Paella
- Tasting Notes:
A bright fruit-bursting wine that emphasises vineyard over bodega, which discards the hackneyed image of Rioja, everything about this wine is intentionally provocative to challenge your view on what Rioja is. Careful. This kitty has claws. Clean and crisp, intense yet fresh, the stone fruit, peachy notes are supported by tropical passion fruit and mango with citrus undertones. A long complex finish.
- Grape Types: Tempranillo Blanco, Viura
You might also like
- £8.99 per bottleTempranillo, Petit Verdot, Torre Solar, Vinos Más Buscados, 2016, 75cl
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £42.99 per bottleBlanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2018
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2018 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2016, 150cl
- £59.75 per bottleBenromach 15 Year Old
- £12.99 per bottleRosado Barrica, Finca Manzanos, Bodegas Manzanos, 2017, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleTime Waits for No One Monastrell, 2016 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleExtreme Vineyards Red, Bonfire Hill, 2016, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Porter
- £37.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin