Gatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2018
Meaning “of height” or "of great respect", deAlto hints at the aspirations of the project and of the quality of what is in the bottle. deAlto craft wines in the best traditions of this classic region but fuse cutting-edge viticultural and winemaking techniques to create a modern interpretation of what they believe to be individual, pure expressions of the Rioja Baja vineyards that they call home.
It is beyond doubt that Rioja is one of the foremost wine regions in the world, but that doesn’t mean there is no potential to be tapped or no new approaches to be explored. The team behind de Alto definitely believe this and have been focusing more and more on what goes on in the vineyard than the bodega. Working with selected vineyards that have been converted and transformed into organic certified oases, the resulting wines are all about the fruit rather than winery and the ageing process.
This blend of Viura and Tempranillo blanco undergoes a cold pressing and pre-maceration for several days before a temperature controlled fermentation in stainless steel.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Spain
- Food Match : Ideal with Paella
- Tasting Notes:
A bright fruit-bursting wine that emphasises vineyard over bodega, which discards the hackneyed image of Rioja, everything about this wine is intentionally provocative to challenge your view on what Rioja is. Careful. This kitty has claws. Clean and crisp, intense yet fresh, the stone fruit, peachy notes are supported by tropical passion fruit and mango with citrus undertones. A long complex finish.
- Grape Types: Tempranillo Blanco, Viura
You might also like
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - Red £50 for 6 Wines
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £11.95 per bottleJordan Bradgate Syrah, 2016, 75cl
- £13.25 per bottleSimonsig Pinotage 2016
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2018, 75cl
- £19.49 per bottleKatz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2017, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Noir 2019
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2019, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Grigio 2019
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2018, 75cl
- £59.75 per bottleBenromach 15 Year Old
- £12.00 per bottleStrawberry & Black Pepper Gin