Simonsig Pinotage 2016
Named after its dramatic views of the Simonsberg Mountain, the estate is situated in Stellenbosch, one of South Africa's premier wine regions, 45 km east of Cape Town. At the helm are the Malan family, descendants of the French Huguenot Jacques Malan who first arrived in the Cape in 1688, although it was the late Frans Malan who pioneered much of what the company stands for today.
The Malan family are one of South Africas most reputable wine producers. The three Malan brothers have passionate commitment towards quality and innovation. Simonsig wines are sold in more than 40 countries world-wide, including the United Kingdom, USA, Russia and Kenya.
Unwooded with notes of plum and concentrated berry fruit
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Richly flavoured or aromatic dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
Intensely aromatic with notes of sweet raspberry. Flavours of plum and concentrated berry fruit. Unwooded, from old bush vines, resulting in full flavoured fruity wine. Fine tannins add complexity to the unique flavours of this South African stunner.
- Grape Types: Pinotage
You might also like
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £12.99 per bottleCuvee Balthazar Viognier 2018
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £15.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2019, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleLa Vie En Rose, Cinsault Rose, IGP Pays D'OC, Languedoc, France, 2019
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £28.99 per bottleMajella, Sparkling Shiraz, Coonawarra 2017
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V