Simonsig Pinotage 2017
Named after its dramatic views of the Simonsberg Mountain, the estate is situated in Stellenbosch, one of South Africa's premier wine regions, 45 km east of Cape Town. At the helm are the Malan family, descendants of the French Huguenot Jacques Malan who first arrived in the Cape in 1688, although it was the late Frans Malan who pioneered much of what the company stands for today.
The Malan family are one of South Africas most reputable wine producers. The three Malan brothers have passionate commitment towards quality and innovation. Simonsig wines are sold in more than 40 countries world-wide, including the United Kingdom, USA, Russia and Kenya.
Unwooded with notes of plum and concentrated berry fruit
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Richly flavoured or aromatic dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
Intensely aromatic with notes of sweet raspberry. Flavours of plum and concentrated berry fruit. Unwooded, from old bush vines, resulting in full flavoured fruity wine. Fine tannins add complexity to the unique flavours of this South African stunner.
- Grape Types: Pinotage
You might also like
- £39.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £20.00 per bottleGift Voucher £20
- £11.25 per bottleAlianca Bairrada Reserva 2018
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2019
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2019
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2019, 75cl
- £2.00 per canGen!us Craft Lager
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2018
- £12.00 per bottleStrawberry & Black Pepper Gin
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel Rose 2018