Simonsig Pinotage 2017
Named after its dramatic views of the Simonsberg Mountain, the estate is situated in Stellenbosch, one of South Africa's premier wine regions, 45 km east of Cape Town. At the helm are the Malan family, descendants of the French Huguenot Jacques Malan who first arrived in the Cape in 1688, although it was the late Frans Malan who pioneered much of what the company stands for today.
The Malan family are one of South Africas most reputable wine producers. The three Malan brothers have passionate commitment towards quality and innovation. Simonsig wines are sold in more than 40 countries world-wide, including the United Kingdom, USA, Russia and Kenya.
Unwooded with notes of plum and concentrated berry fruit
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 14.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Richly flavoured or aromatic dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
Intensely aromatic with notes of sweet raspberry. Flavours of plum and concentrated berry fruit. Unwooded, from old bush vines, resulting in full flavoured fruity wine. Fine tannins add complexity to the unique flavours of this South African stunner.
- Grape Types: Pinotage
You might also like
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2019, 75cl
- £11.99 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois 2020
- £26.50 per bottleMabis, Biscardo Prosecco Spumante Millesimato, DOC, Veneto, Italy (150CL)
- £60.00 per caseNew - Mixed Case White
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2019, 75cl
- £11.55 per bottleArrogant Frog Ribet Chardonnay/Viognier 2020
- £11.75 per bottleCarménère, Central Valley, Armador, Odfjell, 2018, 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2017, 150cl
- £21.45 per bottlePickering's Sloe Gin
- £22.50 per bottleDomaine Francois Crochet, Sancerre Rose, Loire, France, 2019
- £15.90 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2016, 75cl