Alianca Bairrada Reserva 2017
One of Portugal`s largest and most progressive producers with 600 hectares spread across estates in five regions from Douro in the north to Alentejo in the south. Winemaker Francisco Antunes oversees what must be one of the most diverse ranges in Europe, from the 3rd largest Portuguese rose brand (Casal Mendes) to some of the country`s most impressive premium reds from estates in Douro, Dao, Bairrada and Alentejo. Arguably, Francisco`s greatest achievements lie between these extremes, a range of mid-priced wines from native varieties, full of character, quite distinctly Portuguese, but at the same time approachable and with fresh, modern fruit.
Spice and rich earthy notes.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Portugal, Barraida
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Highly recommended with roasted dishes and BBQ!
- Tasting Notes:
Intense berry aromas with spice and rich earthy notes. Vibrant plum and red cherry on the palate with savoury hints, grippy tannins, and finely poised acidity.
- Grape Types: Touriga Nacional, Tempranillo, Baga
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleThe Drift Farm, Year of the Rooster, Single Vineyard Touriga Franca Rosé, Overberg Highlands, South Africa, 2018
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Gewurztraminer, 2018, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleViognier, Santa Rosa Estate, 2018, 75cl
- £31.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle Bourgeois, 2013, 75cl
- £21.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Blaufränkisch Prellenkirchen, Carnuntum, Austria, 2017
- £8.49 per bottleEspinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2018, 75cl
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2016, 75cl