Alianca Bairrada Reserva 2017
One of Portugal`s largest and most progressive producers with 600 hectares spread across estates in five regions from Douro in the north to Alentejo in the south. Winemaker Francisco Antunes oversees what must be one of the most diverse ranges in Europe, from the 3rd largest Portuguese rose brand (Casal Mendes) to some of the country`s most impressive premium reds from estates in Douro, Dao, Bairrada and Alentejo. Arguably, Francisco`s greatest achievements lie between these extremes, a range of mid-priced wines from native varieties, full of character, quite distinctly Portuguese, but at the same time approachable and with fresh, modern fruit.
Spice and rich earthy notes.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Portugal, Barraida
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Highly recommended with roasted dishes and BBQ!
- Tasting Notes:
Intense berry aromas with spice and rich earthy notes. Vibrant plum and red cherry on the palate with savoury hints, grippy tannins, and finely poised acidity.
- Grape Types: Touriga Nacional, Tempranillo, Baga
You might also like
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Carmenere, 2019, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooha Wheat
- £13.50 per bottleTime Waits for No One Monastrell, 2016 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2018
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Gewurztraminer, 2017, 75cl
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2015, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleGatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2018
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl
- £8.49 per bottleEspinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
- £18.50 per bottleBesos de Oro
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl