Alianca Bairrada Reserva 2018
One of Portugal`s largest and most progressive producers with 600 hectares spread across estates in five regions from Douro in the north to Alentejo in the south. Winemaker Francisco Antunes oversees what must be one of the most diverse ranges in Europe, from the 3rd largest Portuguese rose brand (Casal Mendes) to some of the country`s most impressive premium reds from estates in Douro, Dao, Bairrada and Alentejo. Arguably, Francisco`s greatest achievements lie between these extremes, a range of mid-priced wines from native varieties, full of character, quite distinctly Portuguese, but at the same time approachable and with fresh, modern fruit.
Spice and rich earthy notes.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Portugal, Barraida
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Highly recommended with roasted dishes and BBQ!
- Tasting Notes:
Intense berry aromas with spice and rich earthy notes. Vibrant plum and red cherry on the palate with savoury hints, grippy tannins, and finely poised acidity.
- Grape Types: Touriga Nacional, Tempranillo, Baga
You might also like
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl
- £26.00 per caseMixed Case - Lawless, Pilsner, Session, Lager (12 Cans)
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2018
- £30.95 per bottleAncnoc 12 year old
- £11.55 per bottleArrogant Frog Ribet Chardonnay/Viognier 2019
- £37.75 per bottleChampagne Drappier Carte D’or Brut - inc glasses
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2019
- £34.00 per bottleHoly Grass Vodka
- £13.00 per bottleLagar de Bouza Albariño, Bouza do Rei, 2019, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2019, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2019, 75cl
- £16.50 per bottleDomaine Sainte Marie, Tradition, Cotes De Provence, Rose, Provence, France, 2019