Guillaume Gonnet, Tavel Rosé, La Nymphe, Southern Rhône, France, 2019
The energetic and charismatic Guillaume Gonnet is not your average Rhône winemaker. Extremely open in his attitude, his curious, boundary challenging approach extends beyond wine. He travelled to the far ends of the earth, revelling in the opportunity to surf some of the best waves in the world while learning his craft in various Australian and New Zealand regions. Returning to the Rhône, now with his Australian wife Kelly, he has shown similar energy for his family estate and for his own nascent project. This land locked surfer may be miles from the ocean but is happily riding the wave of new found enthusiasm for Grenache based wines. Pursuing biodynamics wherever possible, allowing his fruit to express itself freely through hands-off winemaking and displaying his fascination for the varying soils of the Rhône through his diverse range of wines, he's just the sort of restless creative that we love to work with.
25 years old vines on a limestone bedrock and sandy topsoil. Direct press after a cold soak on the skins for 12 – 18 hours to extract the delicate colour.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Southern Rhone, France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Incredibly versatile. Pasta, aperitif, freshly cut melon, and cheeses. This wine loves a barbecue.
- Tasting Notes:
This is a round, textured rose, a gorgeous, vibrant, dark, pink colour. Loads of fruit on the nose and palate - strawberry, cherries, watermelon, peach, and nectarine. Nice dry, refreshing finish. This wine is not only pretty, but tastes delightful. You may have trouble sharing it!
- Grape Types: Cinsault, Syrah, Grenache
You might also like
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2017, 150cl
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £13.25 per bottleSimonsig Pinotage 2017
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2019, 75cl
- £17.50 per bottleJordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2018 37.5 cl
- £37.75 per bottleChampagne Drappier Carte D’or Brut - inc glasses
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £16.50 per bottleDomaine Sainte Marie, Tradition, Cotes De Provence, Rose, Provence, France, 2019
- £13.65 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Zephyr Wines, 2019, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2019
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2018, 75cl