Guillaume Gonnet, Tavel Rosé, La Nymphe, Southern Rhône, France, 2019
The energetic and charismatic Guillaume Gonnet is not your average Rhône winemaker. Extremely open in his attitude, his curious, boundary challenging approach extends beyond wine. He travelled to the far ends of the earth, revelling in the opportunity to surf some of the best waves in the world while learning his craft in various Australian and New Zealand regions. Returning to the Rhône, now with his Australian wife Kelly, he has shown similar energy for his family estate and for his own nascent project. This land locked surfer may be miles from the ocean but is happily riding the wave of new found enthusiasm for Grenache based wines. Pursuing biodynamics wherever possible, allowing his fruit to express itself freely through hands-off winemaking and displaying his fascination for the varying soils of the Rhône through his diverse range of wines, he's just the sort of restless creative that we love to work with.
25 years old vines on a limestone bedrock and sandy topsoil. Direct press after a cold soak on the skins for 12 – 18 hours to extract the delicate colour.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Southern Rhone, France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Incredibly versatile. Pasta, aperitif, freshly cut melon, and cheeses. This wine loves a barbecue.
- Tasting Notes:
This is a round, textured rose, a gorgeous, vibrant, dark, pink colour. Loads of fruit on the nose and palate - strawberry, cherries, watermelon, peach, and nectarine. Nice dry, refreshing finish. This wine is not only pretty, but tastes delightful. You may have trouble sharing it!
- Grape Types: Cinsault, Syrah, Grenache
You might also like
- £16.49 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, McLaren Vale, Thistledown, 2021, 75cl
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2020, 75cl
- £13.90 per bottleAlvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2019, 75cl
- £34.00 per bottleHoly Grass Vodka
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £12.99 per bottleThe Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2019, 75cl
- £9.25 per bottleFelicette, Grenache Noir, Languedoc & South West, France, 2020
- £15.25 per bottleBodegas Parxet Cuvee 21 Cava Brut 2018
- £10.99 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2020, 75cl
- £10.75 per bottleVermador Tinto
- £9.25 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Grigio 2021