Tenuta Olim Bauda Pian Centive Moscato D'Asti Frizzante, DOCG, Piedmont, Italy 37.5cl, 2019
Piedmont is almost as famous for truffles as it is wine, those elusive delectable delights that need to be rooted out from the depths of the forest, so scarce but so worth it. Much the same can be said for.....
Olim Bauda, secluded and out of the way, down a long drive off the busy Via Prata, the path gently meanders continuously rising to finally reveal the family home through a grove of trees, or if you arrive in truffle season, more likely through a rolling mist. The estate is run by three siblings, Dino, Diana and Gianni who have devoted themselves to creating fresh, expressive Barbera d’Asti and clean, pure scintillating Gavi in the most delicate low interventionist way and without doubt they are worth all the trouble you might encounter to enjoy them.
Sustainable agricultural practices, following the rules for integrated farming which prohibit the use of herbicides. Rigorous green harvesting and bunch selection in the vineyards ensure that only perfectly ripe fruit is harvested.
Style and Values
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 5%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Fruit salads, nuts, crème brûlée.
- Tasting Notes:
This has a characteristic straw colour. Its intense bouquet is aromatic and shows golden apple, pineapple and honey aromas. To the palate it is fresh and fragrant, as sweetness and acidity are properly balanced. The fine mousse makes it slightly creamy, with an elegant and persistent finish.
- Grape Types: Moscato Bianco
You might also like
- £11.99 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois 2020
- £60.00 per caseNew - Mixed Case White
- £13.00 per bottleLagar de Bouza Albariño, Bouza do Rei, 2020, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £15.49 per bottleDomaine Des Tourelles Red 2017
- £15.49 per bottleDomaine des Tourelles White 2018
- £22.50 per bottleDomaine Francois Crochet, Sancerre Rose, Loire, France, 2019
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2021 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £15.49 per bottleMalbec, Felino, Viña Cobos, 2020, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleCastillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018
- £12.99 per bottleCuvee Balthazar Viognier 2020