La Vie En Rose, Cinsault Rose, IGP Pays D'OC, Languedoc, France, 2019
La Vie en Rose is a wonderfully evocative, almost ‘fin de siecle’ approach to rosé.
With just a faint blush of colour, a hint of red fruits and a fleeting brush of subtle, spicy wood, this is a supremely balanced, savoury food-friendly style of wine that will help even the most hardened of sceptics see the wine through rose tinted specs.
Top category grapes from the Puichéric area from the best qualitative plots and vines averaging 25 years old. 150m above sea level, the vines are protected from wind and receive plenty of sunshine. Grapes mature slowly developing an aromatic profile.
The grapes are selected among the coolest vineyards to ensure good natural acidity. Harvest is during the coolest hours of the day, early morning and the grapes are directly pressed into airbag presses. The juice is cold settled and goes though fermentation at cool temperature for 2 weeks. The wines are then quickly cleared off their gross lees and are kept in stainless steel tanks on fine lees only until bottling, in order to keep maximum fresh fruit and freshness.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Languedoc, France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Incredible with salads and chargrilled dishes but a versatile wine which partners well with most foods.
- Tasting Notes:
La Vie en Rose is a beautifully elegant wine with packaging to match. A lovely pink rose petal colour. A very fresh nose deliciously scented with raspberry aromas. Complex and tasty in the mouth with notes of cherry and grenadine. and a fleeting brush of subtle, spicy wood, this is a supremely balanced, savoury food-friendly wine.
- Grape Types: Cinsault
You might also like
- £16.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
- £8.95 per bottleCastillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018
- £9.30 per bottleIl Meridione Nero D`Avola 2018
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £12.00 per bottleLemon & Basil Gin
- £15.99 per bottleZelen, Guerila, 2018, 75cl
- £31.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle Bourgeois, 2013, 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleDomaine Michaut Freres, Chablis, Burgundy, France, 2019
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2019, 75cl
- £80.00 per caseChristmas Box