Rioja Royal Tinto 2020
Red fruit flavours and very soft wood and spicy tones.
The birth of Bodegas Franco-Españolas is due, indirectly, to one of the unhappiest incidents in the wine history of France. A phylloxera plague in the second half of the 19th century almost completely ruined the French vineyards. Because of this, the Bordeaux wine makers decided to leave the country. Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux came to Spain in search of the best soil and climate, where he could continue to grow and age wines.
Bodegas Franco-Espanolas winery was founded in 1890 as a merger between Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux and Spanish partners. After 125 years it is now one of the largest wineries in Rioja and has an exceptional location on the banks of the Ebro River. Bodegas Franco-Espanolas has been in the capable hands of the Eguizábal Family since 1983.
Today, Franco-Espanolas perfectly combines a respect for tradition with technological innovation to create award winning wines.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Spain, Rioja
- Vint: 2020
- Food Match : Roast dishes, aubergine or stews
- Tasting Notes:
Matured in American oak casks for 6 months. It is elegant on the nose with Tempranillo fruity flavours and very soft wood and spicy tones
- Grape Types: Tempranillo, Garnacha
You might also like
- £10.75 per bottleMan Meets Mountain, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina, 2021
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Vodka
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl
- £11.50 per bottleDr. Fischer Steinbock Alcohol Free Sparkling
- £10.99 per bottleGatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2020
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2019
- £9.15 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2019
- £39.99 per bottleGlen Scotia Double Cask
- £10.49 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Rosado, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2020
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £2.75 per canBear Country IPA
- £12.45 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2021