Espinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
Between the mountains and the sea, Espinos y Cardos looks to craft subtle, pure expressions of classic international varieties from their two ranges.
Focused on vineyards in Casablanca and Curico, Los Espinos combines cutting edge winemaking with regional typicity to provide a range that is at the beating heart of the country.
Sandy and permeable soil type, conduction system of espalier and pergola with yields of 12-13 t/ha. Pruning by hand to maintain a vigorous canopy, which helps gain a better acid levels and protection of the berries from the sun. Night mechanical harvesting. Coastal Vineyards 2km from the South Pacific Ocean with cooling maritime breezes.
The free run juice is drained and pressed to taste and pressings kept separate. A combination of warm and very cool fermentations, using selected yeast strains. Complex yeast lees work to give palate weight and different treatments of the component wines to give structure and balance.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Chile
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : A lovely drink on its own or with salads, fish or white meat dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
This lively little single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc is bursting with vibrant zesty citrus fruit and a hint of exotic guava. Hugely refreshing, this crisp and aromatic wine is endlessly quaffable. Soft super-juicy ripe fruit and a long full-flavoured finish.
- Grape Types: Sauvignon Blanc
You might also like
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2018, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2018
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2018, 75cl
- £7.99 per bottleBella Modella, Pinot Grigio Blush, Colline Teatine, IGT, Italy, 2019
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £8.25 per bottleLes Chiens, Catalans Rouge, Vin De France, France, 2018
- £9.99 per bottleLa Vie En Rose, Cinsault Rose, IGP Pays D'OC, Languedoc, France, 2019
- £60.00 per caseNew - Mixed Case Red
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2018, 75cl