Espinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
Between the mountains and the sea, Espinos y Cardos looks to craft subtle, pure expressions of classic international varieties from their two ranges.
Focused on vineyards in Casablanca and Curico, Los Espinos combines cutting edge winemaking with regional typicity to provide a range that is at the beating heart of the country.
Sandy and permeable soil type, conduction system of espalier and pergola with yields of 12-13 t/ha. Pruning by hand to maintain a vigorous canopy, which helps gain a better acid levels and protection of the berries from the sun. Night mechanical harvesting. Coastal Vineyards 2km from the South Pacific Ocean with cooling maritime breezes.
The free run juice is drained and pressed to taste and pressings kept separate. A combination of warm and very cool fermentations, using selected yeast strains. Complex yeast lees work to give palate weight and different treatments of the component wines to give structure and balance.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Chile
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : A lovely drink on its own or with salads.
- Tasting Notes:
This lively little single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc is bursting with vibrant zesty citrus fruit and a hint of exotic guava. Hugely refreshing, this crisp and aromatic wine is endlessly quaffable. Soft super-juicy ripe fruit and a long full-flavoured finish.
- Grape Types: Sauvignon Blanc
You might also like
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2019, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Grigio 2019
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2018, 75cl
- £34.99 per bottleIl Borghetto, Montedesassi, IGP, Tuscany, Italy 2016
- £12.99 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2019
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2019
- £15.90 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2018, 75cl
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2019
- £11.50 per bottleRib Duero Roble Tinto, Gorgorito, 2018, 75cl
- £34.00 per bottleHoly Grass Vodka
- £11.55 per bottleArrogant Frog Ribet Chardonnay/Viognier 2019