Espinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
Between the mountains and the sea, Espinos y Cardos looks to craft subtle, pure expressions of classic international varieties from their two ranges.
Focused on vineyards in Casablanca and Curico, Los Espinos combines cutting edge winemaking with regional typicity to provide a range that is at the beating heart of the country.
Sandy and permeable soil type, conduction system of espalier and pergola with yields of 12-13 t/ha. Pruning by hand to maintain a vigorous canopy, which helps gain a better acid levels and protection of the berries from the sun. Night mechanical harvesting. Coastal Vineyards 2km from the South Pacific Ocean with cooling maritime breezes.
The free run juice is drained and pressed to taste and pressings kept separate. A combination of warm and very cool fermentations, using selected yeast strains. Complex yeast lees work to give palate weight and different treatments of the component wines to give structure and balance.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Chile
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : A lovely drink on its own or with salads.
- Tasting Notes:
This lively little single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc is bursting with vibrant zesty citrus fruit and a hint of exotic guava. Hugely refreshing, this crisp and aromatic wine is endlessly quaffable. Soft super-juicy ripe fruit and a long full-flavoured finish.
- Grape Types: Sauvignon Blanc
You might also like
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2019, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache Rose South Australia, 2020
- £2.00 per canGen!us Craft Lager
- £15.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2019, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottleCuvee Balthazar Viognier 2018
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2017, 150cl
- £15.49 per bottleDomaine Des Tourelles Red 2017
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl