Les Chiens, Catalans Rouge, Vin De France, France, 2018
These wines really are "The Dog's"....
A cracking red from the North Catalan region (as we like to call it), but more usually described as Roussillon, deep in southern France. This delightful fruity red wine is created from a field blend of Carignan and Grenache Noir, both of which are native to the region. The soils are composed of clay and silt.
A traditional red wine fermentation in stainless steel without carbonic maceration.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Roasts and Grills
- Tasting Notes:
A deep cherry red with burgundy highlights. Slightly smoky on the nose, the grenache adds it's trademark black berry flavours and a hint of garrigue whilst the Carignan gives this vibrant colour, lovely tannins and fresh acidity. Cranberry, strawberry and raspberry are evident as well as subtle notes of floral notes such as rose petal and violets. Excellent length and tannins.
- Grape Types: Grenache, Carignan
You might also like
- £20.00 per bottleGift Voucher £20
- £31.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle Bourgeois, 2013, 75cl
- £13.99 per bottleValpolicella, DOC, ILatium Morini , 2018, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £10.99 per bottleFunkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2019
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2018
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £12.99 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2018
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018