Les Chiens, Catalans Rouge, Vin De France, France, 2019
These wines really are "The Dog's"....
A cracking red from the North Catalan region (as we like to call it), but more usually described as Roussillon, deep in southern France. This delightful fruity red wine is created from a field blend of Carignan and Grenache Noir, both of which are native to the region. The soils are composed of clay and silt.
A traditional red wine fermentation in stainless steel without carbonic maceration.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Roasts and Grills
- Tasting Notes:
A deep cherry red with burgundy highlights. Slightly smoky on the nose, the grenache adds it's trademark black berry flavours and a hint of garrigue whilst the Carignan gives this vibrant colour, lovely tannins and fresh acidity. Cranberry, strawberry and raspberry are evident as well as subtle notes of floral notes such as rose petal and violets. Excellent length and tannins.
- Grape Types: Carignan, Grenache
You might also like
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2019, 75cl
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - Red £50 for 6 Wines
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Carmenere, 2019, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Grigio 2019
- £21.45 per bottlePickering's Sloe Gin
- £10.00 per bottleGift Voucher £10
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2018
- £2.00 per canGen!us Craft Lager
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl
- £16.25 per bottleDomaine Michaut Freres, Chablis, Burgundy, France, 2019