Les Chiens, Catalans Rouge, Vin De France, France, 2019
These wines really are "The Dog's"....
A cracking red from the North Catalan region (as we like to call it), but more usually described as Roussillon, deep in southern France. This delightful fruity red wine is created from a field blend of Carignan and Grenache Noir, both of which are native to the region. The soils are composed of clay and silt.
A traditional red wine fermentation in stainless steel without carbonic maceration.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Roasts and Grills
- Tasting Notes:
A deep cherry red with burgundy highlights. Slightly smoky on the nose, the grenache adds it's trademark black berry flavours and a hint of garrigue whilst the Carignan gives this vibrant colour, lovely tannins and fresh acidity. Cranberry, strawberry and raspberry are evident as well as subtle notes of floral notes such as rose petal and violets. Excellent length and tannins.
- Grape Types: Carignan, Grenache
You might also like
- £12.99 per bottleCuvee Balthazar Viognier 2018
- £14.50 per bottleBodegas Parxet Cuvee 21 Cava Brut
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £15.90 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2018, 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleDomaine Michaut Freres, Chablis, Burgundy, France, 2019
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £51.99 per bottleDominio de Cair, Cair, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain (150cl.), 2014
- £15.99 per bottleGavi, DOCG, Tenuta Olim Bauda, 2019, 75cl
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2018