Funkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2019
We all need a little 'Funkstille' (radio silence) in our life now and again.
Kick back and take a moment to enjoy the silence with a glass of Grüner Veltliner. With its subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours.
The grapes are harvested from 15 year + old vines in the Niederösterreich which are sited on clay and limestone soils and where the climate is cool continental. After careful picking, the must is fermented in stainless steel tank with no malolactic fermentation but with 8 weeks of lees contact. Gentel fining and cold stabilisation.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Austria
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Grilled dishes and salads
- Tasting Notes:
Subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours. The palate is rich with flavours of melon and grapefruit with a refreshing, zippy finish.
- Grape Types: Grüner Veltliner
You might also like
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2018
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2019, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2018
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £29.00 per bottleGuillame Gonnet, Chateauneuf-Du-Pape Rouge Bel Ami, Southern Rhone, France, 2017
- £11.95 per bottleCava ‘La Escapada’
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £42.99 per bottleBlanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Carnuntum White, Carnuntum, Austria, 2018
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019
- £14.50 per bottleBodegas Parxet Cuvee 21 Cava Brut