Funkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2019
We all need a little 'Funkstille' (radio silence) in our life now and again.
Kick back and take a moment to enjoy the silence with a glass of Grüner Veltliner. With its subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours.
The grapes are harvested from 15 year + old vines in the Niederösterreich which are sited on clay and limestone soils and where the climate is cool continental. After careful picking, the must is fermented in stainless steel tank with no malolactic fermentation but with 8 weeks of lees contact. Gentel fining and cold stabilisation.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Austria
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Grilled dishes and salads
- Tasting Notes:
Subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours. The palate is rich with flavours of melon and grapefruit with a refreshing, zippy finish.
- Grape Types: Grüner Veltliner
You might also like
- £12.99 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2019
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £15.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £15.99 per bottleGavi, DOCG, Tenuta Olim Bauda, 2019, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleBella Modella, Prosecco Spumante, DOC, Veneto, Italy
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl
- £52.00 per caseMixed Case - £52 for 6 Wines including fizz
- £11.49 per bottleExtreme Vineyards Red, Bonfire Hill, 2018, 75cl
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Vodka
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2018, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache Rose South Australia, 2020
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016