Funkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2020
We all need a little 'Funkstille' (radio silence) in our life now and again.
Kick back and take a moment to enjoy the silence with a glass of Grüner Veltliner. With its subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours.
The grapes are harvested from 15 year + old vines in the Niederösterreich which are sited on clay and limestone soils and where the climate is cool continental. After careful picking, the must is fermented in stainless steel tank with no malolactic fermentation but with 8 weeks of lees contact. Gentel fining and cold stabilisation.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Austria
- Vint: 2020
- Food Match : Grilled dishes and salads
- Tasting Notes:
Subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours. The palate is rich with flavours of melon and grapefruit with a refreshing, zippy finish.
- Grape Types: Grüner Veltliner
You might also like
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2020, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, McLaren Vale, Thistledown, 2020, 75cl
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £8.99 per bottleSolara, Rose, Viile Timisului Romania, 2020
- £34.99 per bottleIl Borghetto, Montedesassi, IGP, Tuscany, Italy 2016
- £10.95 per bottleChateau Billot Merlot/ Cabernet Franc 2016
- £7.99 per bottleBella Modella, Pinot Grigio Blush, Colline Teatine, IGT, Italy, 2020
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £13.65 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Zephyr Wines, 2020, 75cl
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £80.00 per caseChristmas Wine Box inc White Port and Fizz