Funkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2021
We all need a little 'Funkstille' (radio silence) in our life now and again.
Kick back and take a moment to enjoy the silence with a glass of Grüner Veltliner. With its subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours.
The grapes are harvested from 15 year + old vines in the Niederösterreich which are sited on clay and limestone soils and where the climate is cool continental. After careful picking, the must is fermented in stainless steel tank with no malolactic fermentation but with 8 weeks of lees contact. Gentel fining and cold stabilisation.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Austria
- Vint: 2021
- Food Match : Grilled dishes and salads
- Tasting Notes:
Subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours. The palate is rich with flavours of melon and grapefruit with a refreshing, zippy finish.
- Grape Types: Grüner Veltliner
You might also like
- £52.00 per caseSummer Box - 6 wines inc fizz
- £11.95 per bottleArrogant Frog Ribet Chardonnay/Viognier 2020
- £10.00 per bottleGift Voucher £10
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2020
- £2.50 per canLeith Pils
- £50.00 per bottleGift Voucher £50
- £60.00 per caseMixed Case Red
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2018, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleEnira, Bessa Valley, Bulgaria, 2017
- £10.50 per bottleBaccolo Rosso Veneto 2019