Domaine Michaut Freres, Chablis, Burgundy, France, 2020
Chablis has experienced more than its fair share of bad luck in the last few years with tiny harvests resulting in soaring prices.
So we are pleased to have Bernard Michaut on board providing his stunning, fresh vibrant Chablis. The winery is located in Biene close to Chablis, built on the classic soil of the region, kimmeridgien, underpining the 60 hectares of vineyards. These wines show great typicity, steely acidity, plenty of fruit with that unmistakeable note of flinty "terroir".
The Chablis vines are exposed on slopes facing northwards planted on clay/chalk soil from the Kimmeridgian period. The grapes are pressed pneumatically straight after harvest and settled by gravity for 24 hours in stainless steel vats, then racked to obtain the clear juice. The alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel for 15 days at 21º C, followed by Malolcatic fermentation, again in stainless steel for 5 weeks at 20º C.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Technical cork
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Burgundy, France
- Vint: 2020
- Food Match : Cheesy nibbles, vegan terrine and creamy dishes
- Tasting Notes:
A mineral driven Chablis with fresh floral notes and a hint of iodine.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2020
- £12.25 per bottleCielo e Terra, Casa Defra, Prosecco Rose DOC, Italy, 2020
- £2.75 per canBear Country IPA
- £2.75 per canLeith Porter
- £12.25 per bottleStella Bella, Pink Muscat, Margaret River, Australia, 2020
- £2.50 per canLeith Pils
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £11.95 per bottleRose D`Anjou, Chateau De La Roulerie 2019
- £19.99 per bottleCave De Ribeauville, Pinot Noir, Alsace, France, 2017
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleCastillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2018