Domaine Des Tourelles Red 2017
Savoury, herby red with dark cherry flavours and a touch of spice.
Domaine de Tourelles is amongst the longest-established and most highly acclaimed wineries in the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon. Founded in 1868 by French adventurer François-Eugène Brun, Domaine de Tourelles was the first commercial cellar in Lebanon producing wines, arak and other spirits. In 2000 the last of the Brun family died and the estate was bought by close friends the Issa family who continue the traditions of Domaine des Tourelles. Faouzi Issa graduated with winemaking and viticultural degrees from Bordeaux and Montpellier Universities, then trained with René Rostaing in Cote Rôtie and at Chateau Margaux before moving back to the, by now, family winery at Domaine des Tourelles. Faouzi has secured the future of this noble estate by introducing a few modernities here and there, but is adamant that the ancient vineyards continue to be the expression and philosophy of the estate and is proud of the winery's strong francophile links.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 14%
- Country: Lebanon
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Perfect with rich casseroles or a spicy chickpea harissa stew.
- Tasting Notes:
This wine is very traditional as the blends haven't changed much over the years. Deep ruby red with bright aromas of cherries, cedar wood and cracked black pepper. A savoury and herby palate with Morello cherry flavours and fine, silky tannins. A wine packed with flavour and heritage.
- Grape Types: Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Cinsault
You might also like
- £16.25 per bottleBodegas Luis Canas, Rioja Crianza, DOCA Rioja, Spain, 2017
- £16.99 per bottleGuillaume Gonnet, Tavel Rosé, La Nymphe, Southern Rhône, France, 2019
- £12.99 per bottleCuvee Balthazar Viognier 2018
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £12.99 per bottleThe Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2019, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2019, 75cl
- £17.50 per bottleJordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2018 37.5 cl
- £60.00 per caseNew - Mixed Case Red
- £8.95 per bottleIl Meridione Catarratto, 2019, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleUvam, Pinot Grigio, IGT , Biscardo, Mabis, 2019, 75cl