Domaine Francois Crochet, Sancerre Rose, Loire, France, 2019
Just a few kilometres to the west of the town of Sancerre, and just a little to the south, lies the tiny commune of Bué, and it is here that you will find François Crochet and most of his vines.
The son of a vigneron, François took over the estate in 1998 and together with his wife Carine works 10.5 hectares of vines, encompassing all three of the principle Sancerre terroirs. François Crochet is an innovative winemaker with experience far beyond Sancerre. Although well travelled, having spent time in New Zealand, his heart is in Bué and here he produces his own distinctive style of this classic wine. Now a victim of his own success, François cannot keep up with demand, making only limited, hand-crafted quantities. These wines are some of the most precise and refined Sancerre around; intensely flavoured with crisp, refreshing acidity and great length.
These vines are 20 years old on average. Debudding in Spring. A green harvest is carried out every year. Grapes are hand harvested and rigorously sorted out. The harvest date for each parcel is set after daily analysis of the juice and tasting of both grapes and juice in order to get perfect maturity. The yield aimed for this cuvée varies between 55 and 60 hl per ha.
The grapes were hand-picked. The whole bunches of grapes were transferred to pneumatic presses by means of a belt in order to avoid bruising the skins. Static settling before racking. Fermentation takes 3 to 4 weeks. Aged in stainless steel for 6 months.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Technical cork
- ABV: 14%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Spicy Asian fayre, Moroccan Tajine
- Tasting Notes:
Pale Salmon pink colour, very fine notes of fresh red fruits on the nose which is continued on the well balanced palate.
- Grape Types: Pinot Noir
You might also like
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £15.90 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2016, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £34.99 per bottleIl Borghetto, Montedesassi, IGP, Tuscany, Italy 2016
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Vodka
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £10.99 per bottleFunkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2019
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2018
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2019 75cl
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl