Ancnoc 12 year old
The story of the Knockdhu distillery starts with a man of vision (who also had an eye for a good investment). In 1892 an enterprising chap named, John Morrison, bought the Knock estate. The surrounding land was full of peat and barley and the Great North Railway line ran nearby. So when springs of pure, clear water were found, John saw a golden opportunity. Samples of the water were sent for analysis and soon negotiations were under way with The Distillers Company of Edinburgh to build a distillery.
Knockdhu opened its doors in October 1894. Back then it was regarded as the perfect embodiment of a modern distillery. So it’s perhaps no surprise that they still produce a light, intriguing and thoroughly modern whisky to this day.
The anCnoc 12 year old is renowned the world over. Known as a must-have in any whisky drinker’s collection, it’s light and yet complex. Smooth yet challenging. And each twist and turn delivers a surprise. In fact, this is a dram that has something for everyone. Gentle amber with a slight yellow hue. Soft, very aromatic with a hint of honey and lemon in the foreground.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: cork
- ABV: 40%
- Country: Scotland
- Tasting Notes:
Sweet to start with an appetising fruitiness and a long smooth finish. Light yet complex, smooth yet challenging. This is a dram that has something for everyone.
You might also like
- £37.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2018
- £10.99 per bottleGatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2018
- £10.99 per bottleBella Modella, Prosecco Spumante, DOC, Veneto, Italy
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £39.50 per bottleChampagne Drappier Rose Brut
- £42.95 per bottleKingsbarn Dream to Dram
- £13.90 per bottleAlvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2018, 75cl
- £9.95 per bottleTenuta Olim Bauda Pian Centive Moscato D'Asti Frizzante, DOCG, Piedmont, Italy 37.5cl, 2019
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £13.99 per bottleValpolicella, DOC, ILatium Morini , 2018, 75cl
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2019