Ancnoc 12 year old
The story of the Knockdhu distillery starts with a man of vision (who also had an eye for a good investment). In 1892 an enterprising chap named, John Morrison, bought the Knock estate. The surrounding land was full of peat and barley and the Great North Railway line ran nearby. So when springs of pure, clear water were found, John saw a golden opportunity. Samples of the water were sent for analysis and soon negotiations were under way with The Distillers Company of Edinburgh to build a distillery.
Knockdhu opened its doors in October 1894. Back then it was regarded as the perfect embodiment of a modern distillery. So it’s perhaps no surprise that they still produce a light, intriguing and thoroughly modern whisky to this day.
The anCnoc 12 year old is renowned the world over. Known as a must-have in any whisky drinker’s collection, it’s light and yet complex. Smooth yet challenging. And each twist and turn delivers a surprise. In fact, this is a dram that has something for everyone. Gentle amber with a slight yellow hue. Soft, very aromatic with a hint of honey and lemon in the foreground.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: cork
- ABV: 40%
- Country: Scotland
- Tasting Notes:
Sweet to start with an appetising fruitiness and a long smooth finish. Light yet complex, smooth yet challenging. This is a dram that has something for everyone.
You might also like
- £9.99 per bottleIndomita, Nostros Reserva Riesling, Bio Bio, Chile, 2021
- £12.45 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2021
- £9.25 per bottleFelicette, Grenache Noir, Languedoc & South West, France, 2020
- £9.99 per bottleLa Vie En Rose, Cinsault Rose, IGP Pays D'OC, Languedoc, France, 2020
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc, 2021, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2018, 75cl
- £11.95 per bottleCava ‘La Escapada’
- £10.85 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2017
- £12.75 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois 2020
- £12.25 per bottleRib Duero Roble Tinto, Gorgorito, 2020, 75cl