Rose D`Anjou, Chateau De La Roulerie 2019
Red fruit with a hint of liquorice and toffee.
The Château itself was built at the end of the 19th century, although it is said that the original building was the home of the Chevalier Raoul who gave his name to the property in the 14th century. The estate comprises 22 hectares with the vineyards unusually laid in the form of an amphitheatre of terraces. This historic estate is owned and managed by Philippe Germain and his wife Marie. Their family has history in the region with his brother Thierry at Les Roches Neuves in Champigny and his father at Château de Fesles. They are committed to improving the wines in every way possible with organic certification planned for next year and an ongoing programme of vineyard expansion. Philippe has purchased part of the nearby Domaine de la Grande Brosse which adds another 18 ha of vineyard. Les Terrasses is immediately next to La Roulerie and named after the wide terraces on which the vines are planted.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 11%
- Country: France, Loire Valley
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Can be drunk on its own or with light meals and tomato based pasta dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
The bouquet is of raspberries and strawberries, really delicious off dry style with a hint of liquorice and toffee.
- Grape Types: Gamay, Grolleau
You might also like
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £3.00 per bottleKnoydart Dubh Lochain Porter
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2021 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleGatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2020
- £9.99 per bottleUvam, Pinot Grigio, IGT , Biscardo, Mabis, 2021, 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleDomaine Michaut Freres, Chablis, Burgundy, France, 2020
- £10.75 per bottleVermador Rosé
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2020, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2020 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleGlen Scotia Double Cask
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc, 2020, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleBella Modella, Prosecco Spumante, DOC, Veneto, Italy