Mabis, Biscardo Prosecco Spumante Millesimato, DOC, Veneto, Italy (150CL)
The Biscardo Family have been making wine from their base in Soave for over 150 years and are currently led by brothers Maurizio and Martino.
During the course of Maurizio's long and illustrious career, he has consulted for well known wineries around Italy and in doing so he came across the vineyards for their Puglian wines. Both the Pugliese and Veneto wines are characterised by an almost dangerous drinkability, aromatic purity and exceptional value for money.
Vines are planted at 3,500 to 4,000 rootstocks per hectare and the crop growing technique is typical for this area (with simple or double espalier). Only traditional pruning is used and the annual yield is about 100 tons of grapes.
Harvest is handmade and, in order to avoid any skin or acetic fermentation, the grapes are immediately carried to the vinification cellar during the first hours of the day. Destalking and soft pressing at controlled temperature are the next two steps, where the must is kept in small stainless steel tanks until fermentation is completed. Fermentation is partially interrupted trough the cold-process, and the wine obtained is then transferred into small stainless steel tanks under nitrogen. Around 4 months after vinification, re-fermentation occurs in autoclave.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Excellent as aperitif, perfect with appetizer but also ideal accompaniment for the entire meal.
- Tasting Notes:
Elegant, delicate and aromatic Prosecco with hints of apples and honeysuckle. Very easy to enjoy!
- Grape Types: Glera
You might also like
- £12.25 per bottleStella Bella, Pink Muscat, Margaret River, Australia, 2020
- £11.25 per bottleAlianca Bairrada Reserva 2018
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2019, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2020
- £10.70 per bottleRose D`Anjou, Chateau De La Roulerie 2019
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £12.00 per bottleLemon & Basil Gin
- £16.49 per bottlePouilly Fumé, Les Loges, Domaine Pierre Marchand, 2019, 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2019
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2019, 75cl
- £28.99 per bottleMajella, Sparkling Shiraz, Coonawarra 2019