Cave De Ribeauville, Pinot Noir, Alsace, France, 2017
Run and owned by growers for over 100 years this co-operative has always been about their land and the quality of fruit that grows on it in the Vosges Mountains.
The alternating razor sharp ridges and plummeting valleys create slopes with fantastic exposure to the sun and great protection from the wind and rain which help maximise the potential of this vertiginous land. This particular range comes from a small selection of organic vineyards, which show poise through fresh, fruit driven clean expressions of the classic Alsatian varieties clearly demonstrating that this venerable co-operative is living very much in the moment.
The Cave de Ribeauvillé covers a single vineyard of 265 hectares with 8 Grands Crus and other quality plots. The total surface area is managed by a quality chart which guarantees strict control of the yields, sustainable growth of the vineyards or even organic farming, and of course……a manual harvest.
Aiming to have perfect healthy intact grapes when they arrive at the winery. The grapes are destalked and macerated for 10 days before pressing and aged on the lees in French oak barrels for 10 months. Winemaker Evelyne Dodelinger is very experienced in vinifying organic wines and regular tastings ensure that the vinification is adapted to the needs of the wine to obtain the maximum terroir expression.
10 months French Barrique oak
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Alsace, France
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Lentil dishes and woody mushrooms
- Tasting Notes:
Intense complex aromas of black cherries and vanilla. Great structure with fine velvety smooth tannins.
- Grape Types: Pinot Noir
You might also like
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2019
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £9.95 per bottleTenuta Olim Bauda Pian Centive Moscato D'Asti Frizzante, DOCG, Piedmont, Italy 37.5cl, 2019
- £21.45 per bottlePickering's Sloe Gin
- £15.90 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2016, 75cl
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - Red £50 for 6 Wines
- £15.99 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, McLaren Vale, Thistledown, 2019, 75cl
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2018
- £31.75 per bottlePouilly Fume La Demoiselle De Bourgeois (Tete De Cuvee) 2015
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl