Umani Ronchi Villa Bianchi 2019
The Umani Ronchi story began in 1957 when Gino Umani Ronchi established a small farm in the heart of the Verdicchio Classico region. It was just a few years later that the Bianchi-Bernetti family purchased the farm and although they retained the original name, they have certainly put their own indelible stamp on it. With 210 hectares under vine in Castelli di Jesi, Conero and Abruzzo, and a dedicated winemaking facility in each of these regions, they have achieved scale whilst still retaining an unwavering focus on typicity and quality. The result is a range of wines which highlights both the versatility and the quality potential of the Marche’s and Abruzzo’s native grape varieties.
The grapes come from vineyards aged between six and thirty years old, planted on hillsides between 150 and 300 meters above sea level, with a south/south-west exposure.The grapes were harvested by both hand and machine at a yield of nine to ten tons per hectare.
The grapes were destemmed and gently pressed into stainless steel tanks and the must underwent alcoholic fermentation at a temperature of 14-16°C lasting eight to ten days. Malolactic fermentation was not carried out and the wine spent three further months ageing in tank before bottling.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Complements simple pasta dishes
- Tasting Notes:
Fresh and fruity, with a typical combination of green apple fruit and a hint of bitter almonds. Bright and aromatic, lifted by a clean streak of acidity on the finish.
- Grape Types: Verdicchio
You might also like
- £10.85 per bottleMarques De Lara Vinho Verde, 2019, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2019, 75cl
- £15.00 per caseWine Tasting Ticket 10th December
- £50.00 per bottleGift Voucher £50
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2020
- £2.75 per canBear Country IPA
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £34.99 per bottleIl Borghetto, Montedesassi, IGP, Tuscany, Italy 2016
- £11.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2020
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2019, 75cl
- £39.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £10.75 per bottleVermador Tinto