Indomita, Nostros Late Harvest, Casablanca, Chile, 2022
A 50/50 blend of Gewürztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc grapes from Indómita’s vineyards in the Casablanca Valley (and from which their Reserva-level dry wines are made) are hand harvested to create this unique sweet wine.
Viña Indómita occupies a truly spectacular location, between Santiago and Valparaíso in the heart of Casablanca, with an imposing house and hillside sign that wouldn’t look out of place in Hollywood, yet belies a dynamic winemaking team and one of the most exciting winemaking projects in Chile.
Their 100 hectares of vineyards across Casablanca and Maipo, take full advantage of the regions climatic differences, with a focus on Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir in the cooler Casablanca Valley, whilst Cabernet Sauvignon and Carménère are the main varieties cultivated in the warmer Maipo region. Environmental sustainability and social responsibility are taken seriously, with measures to minimise waste water and energy consumption, alongside ventures to create local employment across both winemaking and wine tourism.
Upon arrival at the winery, grapes are immediately pressed without destemming, followed by astatic settling for 96 hours. Fermentation starts with the use of selected yeasts and usually takes 30 days, resulting in a delicately sweet wine with approx 85g/l residual sugar.
Time: 6 Months
Type: French 225 Litres
% wine oaked: 20
% new oak: 10
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Chile
- Vint: 2022
- Food Match : Beautiful chilled as an aperitif, or serve with vegan cheese, but also with fruit based desserts.
- Tasting Notes:
A beautifully golden colour, reminiscent of honey characterises this delicately sweet wine. Aromas of white peach, white tea leaves and lychee fill the nose, whilst the palate is clean, bright with a candied lemon peel acidity giving elegance.
- Grape Types: Gewurztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc
You might also like
- £11.99 per bottleDr Loosen Sparkling Riesling Alcohol-Free NV
- £19.99 per bottleMount Edward, Ted Pinot Blanc, Central Otago, New Zealand, 2019
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £12.75 per bottleCava ‘La Escapada’
- £19.49 per bottleDomaine Klur, Les Katz, 'La Reine' Pinot Gris, Alsace, France, 2019
- £33.99 per bottleClos Henri Pinot Noir, 2016, 75cl
- £16.75 per bottleLunaria Montepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2018
- £12.99 per bottleCielo e Terra, Casa Defra, Prosecco Rose DOC, Italy, 2020
- £8.45 per bottlePilton Cider, Pilton, Somerset, England, 2022
- £22.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2021
- £11.45 per bottleFunkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2022
- £10.15 per bottleEspinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2022