Jordan Barrel Chardonnay 2021
Gary and Kathy Jordan have been making world-class wines since 1993 on a farm with a history going back over 300 years. He’s a geologist, she’s an economist – together this husband and wife team is a phenomenon. Gary’s parents, Ted and Sheelagh, bought the 146-hectare Stellenbosch property in 1982, and embarked on an extensive replanting programme, specializing in classic varieties suited to the different soils and slopes. From the Jordan hillside vineyards one has spectacular panoramic views of Table Mountain, False Bay and Stellenbosch. Their focus is on producing fiercely individual wines that combine the fruity accessibility of the New World with the Classic Elegance of the Old.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2021
- Food Match : This buttery textured wine would pair well with rich creamy dishes.
- Tasting Notes: A powerful expression of Chardonnay, brimming with fruit flavour and elegance. Bold and graceful with fragrances of lemon biscuit and overripe oranges. A buttery toastiness from the oak rounds off the complex hazelnut and citrus flavours.
You might also like
- £13.25 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois Blanc 2020
- £9.95 per bottleTenuta Olim Bauda, Centive, Moscato d'Asti DOCG, Piedmont, Italy, 2022
- £34.00 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £10.00 per bottleGift Voucher £10
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2019, 75cl
- £44.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £9.99 per bottleFeudo Antico, Altopiano Rosso, Biologico, IGP, Abruzzo, Italy, 2022
- £13.49 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £9.60 per bottleIndomita, Costa Vera Chardonnay, Central Valley, Chile, 2023
- £22.99 per bottleBodegas Altolandon, Dulce Enero Ice Wine, Manchuela, Spain, 2022
- £13.25 per bottlePrimasole Primitivo 2021
- £22.99 per bottleCeller de Capçanes, Pansal del Calàs (50cl.), DO Montsant, Spain, 2017