Bon Courage Dry Gewurztraminer 2020
Located in the heart of the beautiful Robertson valley – a valley of wines and roses – lies Bon Courage Estate, home to some of South Africa’s finest wines and recognized both locally and internationally for their exceptional quality. The stately Cape Dutch homestead dates back to 1818 and the estate has enjoyed the attention and dedication of three generations of the Bruwer family since 1927. The Robertson wine region is today renowned for wines of great depth and concentration, a result of the ideal soil and climatic conditions that prevail in this region. Three rivers runs through the estate and have, over the years, deposited a variety of different soil types on the farm. Due to this diversification of soil and microclimates, a wide range of grape varietals can thrive in the same area. André Bruwer has acknowledged the basic maxim (truth) that good wine is mainly created in the soil and has, therefore, put much effort into matching the correct cultivar to the ideal soil type. Although ”tradition” plays a big role at Bon Courage Estate, careful but extensive modernisation has allowed the team to combine the best of traditional methods with those of the modern age. This combination allows them greater freedom and flexibility when creating the present and future Bon Courage wines.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2020
- Food Match : Enjoy with spicy fare especially Chinese and Thai food.
- Tasting Notes: Pure and focused with aromas and flavours of lychee, roses, cream and violets with fresh citrus acidity. A great example of this grape variety, with a nicely rounded palate.
- Grape Types: Gewurztraminer
You might also like
- £17.75 per bottleMaison Antech, Crémant De Limoux, Cuvée Françoise, Languedoc, France
- £52.00 per caseMixed Case - White 6 wines
- £9.50 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Noir 2022
- £9.99 per bottleDr Lo Riesling Alcohol-Free NV
- £16.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2019, 75cl
- £15.75 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2021, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2019
- £44.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £30.00 per casePickering's Gin Crimbo Limbo Calendar
- £24.99 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2021, 75cl
- £9.60 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2021
- £12.99 per bottleCielo e Terra, Casa Defra, Prosecco Rose DOC, Italy, 2020