Gavi, DOCG, Tenuta Olim Bauda, 2016, 75cl
In 2000 the three current owners, all siblings, decided to revive the estate and re-establish Tenuta Olim Bauda as one of Piedmont's top producers. With a little help from the famous consultant Beppe Caviola, and the acquisition of a prime site in the Gavi di Gavi DOC, they have produced a range of Gavi and Barbera d'Asti that have won huge acclaim including 3 Bichieri from the Gambero Rosso for the last 3 vintages of the top Barbera 'Nizza' and 92 points from Robert Parker. Viticulture- Sustainable agricultural practices, following the rules for integrated farming which prohibit the use of herbicides. Rigorous green harvesting and bunch selection in the vineyards ensure that only perfectly ripe fruit is harvested. Winemaking- Grape are destemmed and pressed. The must is poured into stainless steel vats, where it undergoes maceration along with skins at a temperature of 12°C for few hours. After skin separation, alcoholic fermentation begins and goes on for about 15 days at a temperature of 15-16°C; this temperature is needed to preserve the wine’s delicate flavour. Later on, a refinement takes place in stainless steel vats until February after the harvest. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Diam
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Light cheeses, risottos, fish and chicken.
- Tasting Notes: This simple and elegant Gavi from Olim Bauda boasts a stunning bouquet of floral notes and soft citrus fruits. A fresh and dry white wine, the crisp floral notes, with hints of underlying minerality lead through to a piercingly pure finish.
- Grape Types: Cortese
You might also like
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2017 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2017
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2017, 75cl
- £12.25 per bottleRioja Bordon Crianza Tinto, 2014, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Porter
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2016
- £19.49 per bottleKatz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2015, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017, 75cl
- £11.95 per bottleJordan Bradgate Syrah, 2014, 75cl