Katz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2015, 75cl
Certified organic and following biodynamic practices, this small estate of just 7 hectares is nestled on steep slopes in the heart of Alsace. Just as certain dog owners start to look like their pooches, it is uncertain as to whether the gentle, softly spoken Klurs have influenced their vineyards or the vineyards have influenced them. Their vineyards are tranquil places, full of fruit trees dotted amongst the vines which attract and offer shelter to local wildlife. This symbiotic relationship helps maintain the health and balance of their land. The steep vineyards means the harvest is carried out by hand, allowing the pickers to be very selective and gentle in choosing the healthiest fruit to ensure that the resulting wine is always of the highest quality. Viticulture- Vine stocks are around 40 years old, planted on limestone- clay soils just below the village of Katzenthal, sheltered from the westerly wind and rain.Winemaking- The alcoholic fermentation is carried out in casks with natural yeasts helping to tease out the minerality and fullness of the wine. Only minimal use of sulphur is required. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2015
- Food Match : Truffle risotto or creamy pasta dishes. White meats such as chicken and pork, scallops and pan fried salmon.
- Tasting Notes: A round and tempting wine which is straw yellow in colour. Elegant and flowery nose with hints of acacia and lime. A smooth and fresh palate echoing the exotic lime notes and a sweet fruit finish. A classy glass of Pinot Gris!
- Grape Types: Pinot Gris
You might also like
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2018, 75cl
- £37.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £13.99 per bottleRavoire et Fils, Cuvée des Lices, Côteaux Varois en Provence Rosé, Provence, France, 2018
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2018
- £16.49 per bottlePouilly Fumé, Les Loges, Domaine Pierre Marchand, 2017, 75cl
- £7.99 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2017, 75cl
- £15.49 per bottleMalbec, Felino, Viña Cobos, 2017, 75cl
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2016, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2018