Katz Pinot Gris, Domaine Klur, 2015, 75cl
Certified organic and following biodynamic practices, this small estate of just 7 hectares is nestled on steep slopes in the heart of Alsace. Just as certain dog owners start to look like their pooches, it is uncertain as to whether the gentle, softly spoken Klurs have influenced their vineyards or the vineyards have influenced them. Their vineyards are tranquil places, full of fruit trees dotted amongst the vines which attract and offer shelter to local wildlife. This symbiotic relationship helps maintain the health and balance of their land. The steep vineyards means the harvest is carried out by hand, allowing the pickers to be very selective and gentle in choosing the healthiest fruit to ensure that the resulting wine is always of the highest quality. Viticulture- Vine stocks are around 40 years old, planted on limestone- clay soils just below the village of Katzenthal, sheltered from the westerly wind and rain.Winemaking- The alcoholic fermentation is carried out in casks with natural yeasts helping to tease out the minerality and fullness of the wine. Only minimal use of sulphur is required. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: France
- Vint: 2015
- Food Match : Truffle risotto or creamy pasta dishes. White meats such as chicken and pork, scallops and pan fried salmon.
- Tasting Notes: A round and tempting wine which is straw yellow in colour. Elegant and flowery nose with hints of acacia and lime. A smooth and fresh palate echoing the exotic lime notes and a sweet fruit finish. A classy glass of Pinot Gris!
- Grape Types: Pinot Gris
You might also like
- £17.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Marchese Manodori, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £15.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2016
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, N/V, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2017, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2018
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £16.65 per bottleAlasia Gavi Del Comune Di Gavi, 2016, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2017, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2017, 75cl