Pinot Noir, Alamina, 2015, 75cl
Alamina is a small project working with international, as well indigenous Romanian, varietals carefully selected from re-established vineyards. Utilising innovative winemaking techniques the aim is to preserve the freshness and fruit from each variety and show their wonderful nature such as the stunning local Feteasca Neagra, which is full of dark fruits and wonderful undertones of minerality. Viticulture- Estate grown on the bottom slopes of Gypsy Hill, Pinot Noir is the first vineyard you see when you arrive at Recas. Harvested at night to preserve fruit flavour. Winemaking- Crushing and full destemming on all parcels, fermentation in stainless steel 40 to 50 tonne capacity, controlled yeast inoculation. Temperature controlled at 25-32deg C, about 5-7days on skins with regular automated pumpovers. Pressed with some sugar still present. Fermententation finishes off the skins, and off gross lees as soon as fermented dry followed by natural malolactic fermentation. Pressed just before dryness to preserve the aroma of the wine. No Oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Romania
- Vint: 2015
- Food Match : Stuffed peppers Romanian style and chicken dishes.
- Tasting Notes: Light burgundy red, with violet nuances. An attractive nose of soft berry fruits, redcurrant, blackberry and strawberry with a hint of leather and vanilla. Soft and medium bodied, with succulent fruit flavour of forest fruits, wild strawberry and black currant, with extremely fine tannins.
- Grape Types: Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc
You might also like
- £7.99 per bottleChardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2018, 75cl
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £14.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleTempranillo, Petit Verdot, Torre Solar, Vinos Más Buscados, 2016, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2016, 75cl
- £11.95 per bottleJordan Bradgate Syrah, 2014, 75cl
- £11.25 per bottleArrogant Frog, Ribet Chard/viog, 2016, 75cl
- £59.95 per bottlePrestige Charles Vintage 1er Cru, 2004, 75cl
- £15.75 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2017, 75cl
- £15.75 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2013, 75cl
- £38.99 per bottleTradition, Domaine Sainte Marie, 2017, 150cl
- £22.25 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2017, 75cl