The Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2017, 75cl
Wild & Wilder is all about good clean fun. Working hand in hand with their merry (in a good season) band of growers, they craft wines of supreme quality but don’t take it all too seriously. Great fruit, grown by great people and made with a lot of love by people that know that wine is all about the good times, delicious food and creating great memories. Founded by Giles Cooke MW & Fergal Tynan MW, who also make the Thistledown wines, the mundane is just not in their DNA. Being involved in every stage of the winemaking process from bud burst to bottle means that every bottle from Wild & Wilder is an experience you'll want to try again. Highlights this year include the 2017 Courtesan Riesling from a year that some are calling the greatest Clare vintage ever. Arriving in April, Wild & Wilder are living up to their name by introducing the rule-breaking Tabula Rasa #V17R – a non-varietal red sold in a 500ml bottle with a crown seal. Curious? You should be! Viticulture- The fruit is sourced from Justin Ardill's easterly facing vineyard situated in the famed Watervale sub-region of the Clare Valley. The vines are grown on their own roots in a soil consisting of red clay over limestone. Yields at just 2 tons per acre are very low which ensures high quality, concentrated fruit. Winemaking- Vinification, as one might expect with good fruit, is very simple. The grapes are picked in the cool of the morning and rapidly transported to the winery where they are lightly crushed and sent to press. For the Courtesan, we retain only the purest, free-run juice. The wine is fermented at a cool temperature in stainless steel to retain fruit profile and the finished wine is aged on its lees for 2-3 months before bottling. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12%
- Country: Australia
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Asian food that include ginger, lemongrass and coriander.
- Tasting Notes: Capturing all the mouthwatering lime and elderflower character one expects from great Riesling, the Courtesan has a voluptuous palate hinting at grapefruit, ripe melon and quince.
- Grape Types: Riesling
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Bordon Blanco, 2017, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2017, 37.5cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2016
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2016, 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleVida Orgánica, Torrontés, Mendoza, Argentina, 2017
- £12.25 per bottleRioja Bordon Crianza Tinto, 2014, 75cl
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2017, 75cl
- £14.49 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £11.95 per bottleJordan Bradgate Syrah, 2014, 75cl