The Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2017, 75cl
One Chain Vineyards, like Thistledown is overseen by Peter Leske, Giles Cooke MW and Fergal Tynan MW. One Chain works with growers to source fruit from some of the most established regions of South Eastern Australia. The Character Series has a range of beautifully produced and packaged wines, benefitting from the same ultra premium quality fruit sourced for Thistledown. Each wine has great varietal definition coupled with our signature vibrancy and freshness. These are wines that are immediately pleasing, yet authentic expression of the variety and place. The wines are inspired by a love for the Australian national sport. Indeed, the name One Chain is the imperial measurement for 22 yards, or the length of a cricket pitch. However, you really dont need to be a connoisseur of the game to be bowled over by the restrained, elegant style of the Chardonnay and the bright red fruit and subtle oak of the Shiraz Cabernet. Viticulture- Grapes are harvested by machine in the cool of the night from vineyard sites across South Eastern Australia. Winemaking- Parcels of fruit were destemmed and crushed into static and rotary fermentation vessels and fermented on skins for around seven to ten days, at temperatures between 18 and 26 degrees. Cap management techniques were optimised for each individual parcel to maximise the extraction of desirable colour and flavour components while maintaining soft tannin structures. Maturation took place mostly in stainless steel tanks. Oak treatment- Time: 6 months; Type: French and American; % oaked: 10; % new oak: None.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Australia
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Enjoy with on the BBQ with mushroom and tofu kebabs or steak.
- Tasting Notes: A rich, well balanced example of the Aussie classic blend. Lush black fruits coupled with touches of woodspice, liquorice and cassis follow through to a delicious, velvety finish. This wine is consistently good from vintage to vintage.
- Grape Types: Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon
You might also like
- £17.99 per bottleRasteau, Guillaume Gonnet, 2016, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2015, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2016
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2016, 75cl
- £12.49 per bottleAltolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2017
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2017, 75cl
- £16.65 per bottleAlasia Gavi Del Comune Di Gavi, 2016, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleThe Drift Farm, Year of the Rooster, Single Vineyard Touriga Franca Rosé, Overberg Highlands, South Africa, 2016
- £15.99 per bottleCartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2016
- £10.35 per bottleMinervois, Les Chemins De Felines, 2015, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleLa Voluta Grande Sangiovese Di Puglia 2016
- £17.50 per bottleJordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2016 37.5 cl