The Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2017, 75cl
One Chain Vineyards, like Thistledown is overseen by Peter Leske, Giles Cooke MW and Fergal Tynan MW. One Chain works with growers to source fruit from some of the most established regions of South Eastern Australia. The Character Series has a range of beautifully produced and packaged wines, benefitting from the same ultra premium quality fruit sourced for Thistledown. Each wine has great varietal definition coupled with our signature vibrancy and freshness. These are wines that are immediately pleasing, yet authentic expression of the variety and place. The wines are inspired by a love for the Australian national sport. Indeed, the name One Chain is the imperial measurement for 22 yards, or the length of a cricket pitch. However, you really dont need to be a connoisseur of the game to be bowled over by the restrained, elegant style of the Chardonnay and the bright red fruit and subtle oak of the Shiraz Cabernet. Viticulture- Grapes are harvested by machine in the cool of the night from vineyard sites across South Eastern Australia. Winemaking- Parcels of fruit were destemmed and crushed into static and rotary fermentation vessels and fermented on skins for around seven to ten days, at temperatures between 18 and 26 degrees. Cap management techniques were optimised for each individual parcel to maximise the extraction of desirable colour and flavour components while maintaining soft tannin structures. Maturation took place mostly in stainless steel tanks. Oak treatment- Time: 6 months; Type: French and American; % oaked: 10; % new oak: None.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Australia
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Enjoy with on the BBQ with mushroom and tofu kebabs or steak.
- Tasting Notes: A rich, well balanced example of the Aussie classic blend. Lush black fruits coupled with touches of woodspice, liquorice and cassis follow through to a delicious, velvety finish. This wine is consistently good from vintage to vintage.
- Grape Types: Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon
You might also like
- £12.25 per bottleRioja Bordon Crianza Tinto, 2014, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleZelen, Guerila, 2017, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Carmenere, 2018, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleTime Waits for No One Monastrell, 2016 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFamille Morin, Cuvée Caroline, Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France, 2018
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2017, 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2016, 150cl
- £10.15 per bottleSanta Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £11.50 per bottlePicpoul De Pinet Cuvee Paredeux 2017
- £16.65 per bottleAlasia Gavi Del Comune Di Gavi, 2016, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl